People in Recovery and Plants!

I posted up my newly repotted rabbit foot fern the other week, and it’s taken me this long to realise that it gets its name from the weird hairy growth that it has.

I’ve been looking at the leaves all this time to see how it gets it’s name :woman_facepalming:

9 Likes

Ha! That’s funny. The fuzzy “foot” is cute!

11 Likes

First hard freeze of the year, so everyone has to be brought inside. Regardless of this flu or covid or whatever I have.

40+ plants. Literally every flat surface I have is full :sweat_smile:

Now - it’s due to freeze again tonight. So this begs the question: bring them all back outside and regain use of my kitchen/bathroom/etc, only to have to cart them back in again later - or allow the plants to dictate how I live for a day or two? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Half-jokes aside, I do enjoy this process. Can really get a good look at each plant.

8 Likes

Uprooted agave pup I rescued from the wild back in August, just under 4 months of growth.

8 Likes

Aw, how pretty is that plant pot combo. Can we get a full frontal pic? :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I will later today when I’m lugging everyone back inside tonight!

1 Like

That multitudinal migration is gonna keep you up half the night, Dr Chief says: Rest! :joy:

Looking forward to seeing this wee babe. She’s v elegant.

2 Likes

The leaves are so leathery and fleshy, tried to capture it.

5 Likes

They are fun. :rabbit:

7 Likes

Oh, so you’re gonna pretend to make flowers again? Huh? HUH?

Well I expect nothing from you! You hear me? NOTHING!

Plant reverse psychology 101 :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

One thing I really love about my plant subscription is that there are usually multiple plants in the one pot. This birkin needed repotting and it has become three lovely healthy plants. I’m thinking Christmas presents at this point.

9 Likes

I also repotted the plant I’ve had the longest, about 16 years or so.

8 Likes

That tickled the back of my brain.

1 Like

Some cuttings I propagated and their mumma. I think they have rooted enough to pot so I will dig out a bigger pot and put them all together. My man friend saw the cuttings and assumed I had done them for him. HA!
He said “As if you need more plants…” my response. “Same plant.”

:sunglasses:

11 Likes

Totally thought you were showing off a tarantula :scream:

1 Like

Lol, “same plant, doesn’t count!” :joy:

4 Likes

Love the way these baby strings of hearts are growing!

8 Likes

Beautiful dragon fruit flower.
These are at their peak only briefly, and this one’s a massive stunner.
Even better is it will create a wondrous red dragon fruit.

![IMG_20221218_142552_196|500x500]
(upload://aDVrGyA8dlTdGTsStPemwpGNEW3.jpeg)

16 Likes

Nothing as flamboyant as a dragon flower but a fresh new leaf on my monstera that has been struggling a bit lately. I repotted recently.

9 Likes