People in Recovery and Plants!

I’m so excited, my scindapsus pictus argyraeus is finally getting some new leaves. He was in a bad way, the first winter I had him I just thought he was sturdier than he was and kept him way too cold and dark. Have since remedied, given fresh earth and taken a lot of cuttings from his long strands that had shed a lot of leaves. And now about 2 months later, finally I see some growth on this pretty but delicate plant. Nice.

10 Likes

Winter growers having at it.

Melocactus Matanzanus (Turk’s Cap cactus) is preparing to push out some flowers. Odd this time of year but I’m here for it. The flowers then turn into teeny, tiny pink fruits. Look like small pink jalapeños.

Flower buds on all, meaning all three are ladies.

And my thelocactus rinconensis freudenbergii isn’t growing, but rather, deflated and dormant til spring. Love how it looks, especially with purple colors coming out from cold stress.

10 Likes

12 Likes

My avocado plant got frost bit yesterday and I brought it in. Still not looking good :pensive:. Last year I brought it in in winter. Do leaves drop off of avacodo plants?? Last year only a couple fell off. This one is about 3 years old so quite special :worried::worried:

1 Like

Beautiful. What’s that last one ? It looks like an alien prickly pear.

Oh, I don’t know. I hope it recovers.

1 Like

A friend gave this one to me, it comes up as candelabra cactus on PlantNet. I really love it for its freakiness!

2 Likes

Even more fun, looks like it’s grafted!

Meaning the top part and bottom part are two separate plants that have been Frankenstein’d together. How’s that for freaky!

3 Likes

9 Likes

9 Likes

Yesterday’s repot. Holy roots.

10 Likes

Dude. You’re going to have to rent a moving truck just for your plants and supplies when you end up buying a house!

4 Likes

I can hear that palmtree’s sigh of the relief all the way over there. yikes. she be happy now!

3 Likes

Hi T,
Was wondering if this plant in my yard is a monster of your little potted guy?
There are really stunning and always look ancient to me… Like, I’m expecting triceratops and Dino’s to be roaming around with them everywhere.
Also got some neat grass tree things that look like they are it off a Dr Suess book that are sending out large flowering tops. Can’t wait to see those bloom.

9 Likes

This trio are a few of my slow growers. I’ve been really impressed by how they’ve thrived and shown more growth since I transplanted them to the “self-watering” pots. They simply didn’t do as well in terracotta here in my cool, dry environment. I wasn’t sure the pilea was even going to make it, but it’s looking great! The mystery Hoya is reaching up for the light and birkin has popped out several new leaves (Don’t look too closely at my light rigging, I need to install it properly). I’m a happy plant mami.

7 Likes

Exactly what those are! Full grown Sago Palms, beautiful!!

4 Likes

So I can pot, but like…my boss can really pot.

Not a bad view to finish the weekend.
Although I leaned into a cactus taking this and now my thigh is riddled with spines. Clear through my jeans.
Call it an occupational hazard :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

I thought I was going to loose this beautiful leaf… she is STILL unfurling. I did do that massive move of her so Im sure she’s shocky… then I saw shes sprouting a new leaf!!! No wonders she cant put any energy out to ubfurl this one.

6 Likes

Interloper! That’s what I get for not spraying the leaves off and/or treating the soil of this sage plant before impulsively bringing it inside. This critter chewed soooo many of the new leaves :sweat:

8 Likes

Pink syngonium is so happy!

10 Likes