People in Recovery and Plants!

She looks great, loves her new home hey

1 Like

:drooling_face:

15 Likes

So pretty!!!

I’ve been working on my home office. I miss the greenery of Laos so making my hippie hole as green as I can with Lowes plant rescues.

14 Likes

The hoya cutting that @RosaCanDo sent me ~2 mos ago is growing SO fast!

And everyone needs a friend, so I got a philodendron neon.

13 Likes

The greenery is gorgeous, and I am obsessed with your floor!!!

1 Like

Happy plant = good care taken! Love seeing it grow so fast and healthily. Here’s the mother plant.

8 Likes

Also, T, be careful…you’ll end up with a room like mine packed full of plants! Your space there is looking very cozy.

4 Likes

Snuck out for a bit to the shop to make something with the cholla skeleton, rocks, and haworthia I had.

Probably one of my favorites I’ve done, I’m getting more skilled. Drilling a 2"-3" hole in the cholla to get that haworthia to grow through it was a biiiiiitch. I wanted to have 3 or 4 coming out but it would’ve taken me til Easter.

12 Likes

Lovely! Mine just got killed by cold, I had them covered but should have brought in. :cry:

1 Like

Plants are kewl

9 Likes

Had an idea at work.

Got a cluster and broke em up into small individuals.
Fit like a glove.
Not sure if its too much/too full.

8 Likes

It will be interesting to see how they grow in those small spaces, but I can see it working! Good experiment.

3 Likes

Definitely an experiment. Had to trim the roots quite a bit to make it work, so they may just croak outright. Time will tell!

3 Likes

Carting the plants inside/outside daily for the next week or so (nightly hard freezes).

Always a chance for some photos in the harsh kitchen lighting.

13 Likes

The last photo is gorgeous

1 Like

Love that top one! I have a zillion of the bottom one, they seem quite more hardy than others. I use a thick painters drop cloth (on our covered porch) for nightime.

1 Like

My experience as well. I stopped buying “standard” succulents about a year ago, they don’t generally do well here - too hot. Only this one and one other one have made it. This one regularly seems like it’s on its way to the great garden in the sky, then she has a resurgence.

I love the top one. Already a remarkable and unique specimen.

1 Like

Yes, very!!

I hear you. It was so nice living in FL and having a good healthy environment for a variety of exotics, more so bromeliads (my true plant jam), but I could get away with a lot of succulents (with care during the rainy season).

Back to 4 season gardening here and a lot to learn still.

3 Likes

I’m kinda adjusting the same way… gardening in NY is way different than gardening in Laos. Just trying to have a little green around me. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

That would definitely be a huge adjustment!!!

How long were you in Laos for?

1 Like