Planning a relapse

Sorry. Are u wanting to quit alcohol?

1 Like

No apology necessary at all. I canā€™t even tell what youā€™re apologizing for. You all have been very helpful. I am very sorry for your loss Donna. Virtual ex huh. :thinking: Cool. And I AM tired of being fat old drunk and hangover. Thanks for the advice. :pray: :broken_heart:

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been told Iā€™m blunt and some take offense, lol
:woman_shrugging:

So I went to the gym and while working out I listen to John McAndrew. He knows all about recovery and writes some wonderful songs about recovery. He gives me great inspiration check him out. http://johnmcandrew.com I found him at family week while my daughter was in rehab at Cirque Lodge in Utah. He moves me and heā€™s been where we have been and are. Yā€™all have given me a lot to think about. I wish I started this after my birthday. :slightly_smiling_face: JK
:thinking: :pray: :heart:

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m from Boston and I too can be pretty blunt and cuss a lot. And can be pretty sarcastic. But since Iā€™m new here Iā€™m trying to keep it toned down. And even if someone was pretty harsh I figure they are just trying to help.

2 Likes

Nuthah Bostonian here!

1 Like

Total New England thing having a trash mouth. I go to visit my daughter in the Midwest and her friends are all shocked when I drop an F bomb or whatever. Cracks me up.

2 Likes

So I guess I can have 3 plus weeks sober or ā€œreset my tickerā€? Again I am overwhelmed with all the caring from people I donā€™t even know. Iā€™ve only been on here two weeks. I feel like Iā€™ll be letting you all down if I drink on my b-day. The most wonderful recovering addict in my life, my daughter, heroine addict, told my wife and I she wasnā€™t going to stop and go to rehab for herself. She said she was going to do it for us. And you know what? Sheā€™s probably about 10 years clean! Itā€™s been so many years we donā€™t keep track anymore. I guess weā€™ll see what happens. Oh and I had a nice chat with wifey about it. She may still be drinking but she understands and we can talk about it. So what a great day!! Iā€™m so happy I brought it up to yā€™all. And the wife.
:pray: :heart:
Note to self: Donā€™t mention the trip to Europe in the spring.

5 Likes

From the south shore! Plymouth, Marshfield and Sagamore beach! :grin::+1:

2 Likes

Iā€™m actually starting a new Pilates class that day. And a mani pedi. :pray: :heart:

1 Like

originally from Dracut. First 18 years of life. No one use to know where Dracut is. Next to Lowell. ā€œLife is like a bowl of cherries and Lowell is the pitsā€ What a dump.

2 Likes

I moved to Florida 16 years ago.
Also lived in a few cow towns; Halifax, Hanson and a few more. Are you still up there?

Nope. Got out when I was 18. Never looked back. I like to say Boston to Austin. Met a Houston gal and raised a family and after 36 years moved to Durango CO. Cuz both kids moved to the LA area (for sober living) Now living in Flagstaff AZ and part time Santa Monica

2 Likes

Durango is a sweet placeā€¦husbandā€™s sister lives thereā€¦always enjoy visiting. :heart:

Do you like Florida? I donā€™t think I could live there. Besides the heat and humidity. Kind of a crazy place isnā€™t it. But I do love Carl Hiaasen Books His Florida stories just crack me up. Iā€™m on Squirm right now. Love Skink. Have you heard of him? And I love Dave Barry!! Heā€™s a funny f%$#

1 Like

I love it here; Iā€™m in Sanibel so itā€™s island life. Last summer was the hottest ever! It does get pretty uncomfortable but Iā€™m used to it.
I havenā€™t heard of Dave Barry, Iā€™ll look into his books.
Definitely heard of Carl Hiaasenā€¦

1 Like

Tried to reply to you but it went to the Topic if you want to see my reply to youā€¦ Still trying to get the hang of this thing. Where are you at?

Sanibel, near Ft. Myersā€¦
Oops, youā€™re talking to sassy?:face_with_hand_over_mouth::blush:

2 Likes

Been to Naples. I thought it was nice. Lots of old people and lots of Walgreens. Got my parents to finally get out of the Boston winters one year. They hated it and it was a disaster. lol. Dad complained it was too flat the whole time. They were born raised and died in the Lowell area. Just couldnā€™t get it out of them I guess.

2 Likes

I am in Florida now. Born and raised in Maine, lived in Bethlehem NH, also Stoneham, Wakefield, Woburn and Reading and many many years in Vermont up by Stowe.

I think we may become half backers tho and move to North Carolinaā€¦the humidity here is like winter in Vermontā€¦It lasts for 7 months. So much we love about where we areā€¦beach, beautiful parks, flat and plentiful bicycling and mountain biking, sunshine!!! We miss the mountains, fresh air, well water that tastes delicious and the forestā€¦plus hippiesā€¦I miss hippies. :heart:

2 Likes