Plants and gardening

So I have really gotten into indoor gardening since being sober. And when the weather warms up I’ll be outside too! I thought maybe we could use this thread for garden lovers and anyone else who wants to share beautiful stories and photos related to gardening and nature. I’ll start by posting the plants I just finished potting :heart::blush::blush::blush:

22 Likes

Love your bamboo! I wish I was good at gardening. The only plants I cab keep alive are the ones in my fish tank LOL. :wink:

3 Likes

Im just about to start my plants indoors…although I think it is warm enough outside. If you have any tips on tomatos ill take them…Never can seem to get tomatos to grow right

1 Like

Absolutely beautiful…as they grow, so will you. :smile:
@Needhelp1128 what’s the plant to the left of the bamboo?

1 Like

This is all I have right now…getting ready to move and I killed off a few plants because I didn’t cover them during a freeze. The one in the blue pot is a baby…the mother cacti was 3ft tall

9 Likes

I love these!!!

This is a great thread. Lots of inspiration for me :blush:

1 Like

@boblee87 I have trouble with tomatoes because the squirrels here steal them or the birds peck them to see if they’re ready. :expressionless:

1 Like

It’s called a snake plant :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

These are the two I have bought so far.
It’s odd, since I began sobriety I’ve had the desire to buy plants.

I’m not sure why the basil plant is yellow at the bottom, any tips welcome

5 Likes

I love all of these! @Zara I’ve been buying plants like crazy since I have been sober too!!! It’s uplifting and gives hope!

I love gardening! It’s meditation for me. When you buy the tomato plants bury the whole stem horizontal to the ground. Leave the top above ground. Tomatoes are a cool plant because they will root up the stem. You are providing more roots and strength this way. The other cool thing is you can hoe the weeds out by going towards the base of the plant. It’s quick and easy. Note You can’t do this with other plants. It will kill them. Plant different varieties to hedge your bet on disease. You can get over 60lbs per plant!

3 Likes

Cut the yellow leaves off. It’ll be fine. My guess is they are beyond their age cycle. Basil is a great plant! I like to put on tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and balsamic reduction. Tie your gardening into cooking. It’s a win win

3 Likes

I have a question. I have been trying to grow aloe Vera plants for like the last 3 years and every time they end up dying within 4 months… I love aloe and I was wondering if yal had any tips. I suck lol

2 Likes

I’m working on my first two aloe plants now. They say moderate to bright light and try not to overwater

2 Likes

Ah ok. I’ll give that a try. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love my aloe plants so far! Can’t wait to reap the holistic benefits!

1 Like

I will share some pics when mature. Whenever that is lol

1 Like

my baby aloe in the back

7 Likes

9 Likes