Please! Can anyone relate?

I’ve been so addicted to alcohol that I would become EXTREMELY ill for at least 2-3 days after drinking. In fact, for a while that was the only time I wasn’t drinking. For this 2-3 days I’d experience vomiting where I couldn’t even keep water down. I would sleep for 36 (sometimes even 48) hours at a time. I was totally unable to eat or be around the smell of food. I had uncontrollable shakes, random fevers. After that i had an inability to sleep accompanied with the worst cold sweats in the world! I would wake up cold AND hot and absolutely drenched in sweat.

I think that drinking was LITERALLY killing me. I could actually FEEL my body shutting down. I couldn’t stay steady on my feet even days after drinking.

Has anyone else experienced these symptoms? I’m determined to beat this! I REFUSE to let this take my life! No matter how useless I feel. I was not far off from that being my reality. I can’t allow this to run my life anymore or take my life! I appreciate all of you in this forum and I would like to know if anyone else has gone through this. My friend told me I was experiencing some serious withdraw, but Idk.

What have you all experienced after drinking heavily for a long time?

8 Likes

I can relate to the three days of not being able to do anything really, but for me it was extreme anxeity and drinking-depression. Feeling shame and guilt. I think Maybe thats why i only drank once a week or every second week, until my body/mind forgot how bad it was and then back again. Stay strong this to will pass and you are on the way to something better = life.

8 Likes

Yeah, the depression and shame was incapacitating for me also. As soon as I would feel slightly better (4ish days after drinking hardcore) I would bff so depressed, I’d drink again.

3 Likes

My d.o.c isnt alcohol, its cocaine, but same thing happens after i would be on a binge for 3 to 5 days…i couldnt stop bc if i did, i get chills, sweats, rigors, vomit, not eat for days, not sleep, massive unbearable headaches at the base of my skull. Ultimately id end up scoring bc i needed it to live, bc it was killing me. I made it almost 2 weeks, then last thurs/fri ripped it good for 48hrs. Had a life altering moment at work amd I’ve been sober again for just over 3 days. Ot didnt hurt as bad this time…maybe bc i made it through 2 whole weeks before??

But yes…for the past 2 yrs after each 24hr to 7 day binge id find it more debilitating to be human without coke.

It has left me partially dmg’d i def have a hearing issue w my tubes now…i can hear a rice krispie sound in my rt ear almost all the time, and i have visible nasal septum issues inside, burnt and scarring, but no noticable dmg to the my nose or facial structure outside. So i get to keep my secret in public for now.

2 Likes

What is rigors? But for ever minute sober, I salute you my friend!

Uncontrollable shaking…like almost violently without having chills or fevers.

Im an RN, i should mention. Excuse the jargon.

2 Likes

In this together
Im off this weekend so im scared…
But ive got some plans w my sister and our kids to catch the new sonic movie bc its my sons 6th birthday on friday, valentines day

And i will stay sober somehow for him for his birthday weekend

4 Likes

You might want to detox under medical supervision. Alcohol withdrawal can be fatal.

7 Likes

I can relate to every symptom that you listed… :100: I have determined that my body is intolerant of alcohol… It will kill me if I continue… We’re here for you… You’re not alone in how you feel… :coffee::older_woman::bouquet:

2 Likes

I had very high iron,dangerously low bp, weight loss, mood swings, depression. I knew deep down it was the alcohol. Everything started to get better as I stuck to sobriety.

3 Likes

The norm for me was: Three-day hangovers, DTs, exhaustion, dehydration, body aches, chills, vomiting, depression, guilt, stomach pain, and on and on and on and on…

Quit drinking, and it all stopped.

5 Likes

Greetings from the Dietary department/current patient care giver… :wave::blush: (remind you of anywhere familiar, like work? :grin::tangerine:) I always had MUCH respect for my fellow nurses :sparkling_heart:!!! Still do!!! You folk’s work extremely hard!!! Please don’t ever forget that you are somebody’s patient too… :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

I’m a medical assistant and grew up in a family full of nurses. I’m used to medical jargon, but I wasn’t familiar with that one. :blush:

1 Like

I’m no doctor but it sounds like those symptoms could be pancreatitis. Honestly, go see your doctor. And like @Englishd said, get a proper medical detox. Some of us can detox just fine at home still doing our regular activities…others need medical monitoring.

YOU CAN DO IT!

2 Likes

In October or November I stood up from my bed and lost consciousness and face planted onto my bedroom floor. I ended up in the hospital with a severe concussion. They took my blood and I found out that my liver enzyme levels were 325 over the norm which is 10-30! The other level was more than 100 over the norm (I can’t remember the normal level for that one) but that’s EXTREMELY high compared to what it’s supposed to be. After that I quit for a month in December but when I started dinking again in January I drank even more. I’m 4 days sober now and have no clue as to the extent of the damage I’ve done to my body. My body just can’t handle it anymore.

it was bad! I had bruises everywhere from falling and running into things 20191114_172610-1|505x500 those are just a few. I was super bruised up!

3 Likes

Oh girl, this has to stop. I had a few bad falls myself, one where I passed out while walking and messed up my face. There are scars on my upper lip that can look like I’ve been sniffing coke. And my teeth are jacked up from it too. That was, oh God, 8 or 9 years ago? I had more accidents after that, but continued drinking until June 2017. The initial few months of sobriety were really hard, my body had a lot of healing to do, my mind continues to heal. I’m grateful that I decided to stop when I did.

Can you take time for yourself to heal? Maybe do an inpatient or outpatient program? Get medical attention? This is your life you are fighting for, please do everything you can.

6 Likes

I’m doing alright now. Struggling at times, but I’m over the withdraw now, which I’m super thankful for! It was crazy! I seriously CAN’T go back to drinking. I’m honestly convinced that if I have even ONE more slip up, it’ll kill me! So that’s a big motivator. Another thing I’ve been doing (which may sound really odd) is drinking milk. I know that mixing alcohol and milk doesn’t work! I know it sounds really crazy, but it really helps me. I’m not in a place right now that I could afford going to a facility or anything. I can take the time to heal though as I am on disability. I stay reading things on this forum because I have found it to be a HUGE support! I was REALLY hesitant to join because I wasn’t sure if it was truly confidential or not. I’m just super happy that I joined! I really didn’t think it would be this helpful and comforting, but everyone here has been amazing and supportive.

I do VERY much appreciate your concern and being so open to sharing. It really helps my spirits knowing that a complete stranger really truly cares! I thank you so much for that!!! It helps me stay strong!

6 Likes

I just found out about my liver yesterday (Thursday), even tho the blood draw was done when I had the concussion. No one even told me about it, but when I talked to my psychiatrist on Thurs, he looked it up. He’s able to access that info since it’s within the same hospital and he told me. So that’s a HUGE motivator! I just wish they would have told me when I was in the hospital for the concussion!

3 Likes

Ouch!!! Wrecked myself a few times or more like that too… I agree with you… I wouldn’t have another sip… Hope you feel better soon!!! :blush::bouquet:

1 Like

Yeah, @SoberVigilant, it’s no fun and honestly pretty embarrassing! People have asked me if I’m being abused before. Smh Face planting and having bruises that look more like a steak than a bruise is no fun! I had one LITERALLY as big as my entire hand! Phew! No fun!

1 Like