Please encourage and support

Started my day 1 today.

Is there anyone who can help me out on this venture? Atleast to support me for the initial 21 days which I keep as a challenge for myself.

Please let me know if anyone would like to accompany me in this venture. If anyone aware about any groups where we can speak/hear, please let me know about that as well.

3 Likes

Welcome back friend :wave:

I would suggest AA - you can find meetings here:

1 Like

Welcome! This is the right place to come. Be active here and be open. If you are looking for groups…google is your friend. Whether it be AA, NA, SMART…or a host of different programs. You will find plenty of support…

1 Like

Can you suggest some meeting links which I can join

You have been on TS for almost a year now. Your longest stretch was 7 days. What are you going to do different this time?
Be more active on TS?
Go to meetings?
Are you ready this time?
Have you found your rockbottom?
How are you going to set yourself up for success instead of failure?
Have you poored out all the booze?

3 Likes

What else should I do? Can you guide me please

As of now, I havent made any plans…any suggestions from you guys is what I am looking for

1 Like

There are zoom meetings held by people on here. If you search zoom, you should find them. I think intherooms.com (pretty sure that’s right) will take you to a bunch of meetings.

Looks like you’ve got your suggestions.
And did you did something with it?

I agree wit @anon57836609 on this:
What are you going to do diffrently this time?

1 Like

Some advice.

• Be proactive. Take steps to ensure your sobriety.
  • Don’t try to do recover on your own. You WILL need help. And preferably as much as possible. Some people became sober only using this website. But most need outside help. Be it through meetings or through a professional who works with recovering addicts. The best help is someone who has experienced addiction for themselves, they know what you feel; what your head tells you.
  • When someone is following you, you’ll realize it a lot faster when you know that person. For that reason, you should name that addictive voice. You will recognize it a lot faster when it’s trying to enter your thoughts. I’ve heard someone call their voice Brutus. But “fucking piece of shit” also has the desirable effect.
  • Do not try to moderate your drinking. You will not succeed. Ask everyone on this website who’s tried. No one succeeded, some might even be dead because of their attempt.
  • You only have to avoid the first drink. ~one drink is too much, a thousand drinks isn’t enough.~ It never is just one drink. NEVER. And that counts for all addictions.
  • Do NOT crave alone. If you are craving, inform someone in recovery around you. Go to a meeting. Or go to Zoom meetings for TS users and ask if someone can start a meeting. Or go to intherooms.com like @Thirdmonkey suggested. There are always people on the forum willing to help. All you’ve got to do is ask.
  • Poor out all of the booze if you haven’t yet.
  • Find a higher power. And that doesn’t have to be a god of sorts. Simply something that motivates you that isn’t you. My higher power for my TV addiction is the date. People say new years resolutions don’t work. I want to prove them wrong. Which is an external motivation, a higher power. Or perhaps there are family members that you don’t want to hurt anymore. Find motivation in that. And a higher power can be a sum of many things. The more, the merrier.
  • Write daily about your addiction, be it in a diary or in the check-in thread on TS. It’ll remind you of the monster lurking in the shadows, attacking in moments of weakness.
  • Happy times are moments of weakness. “I’ve done a really good job at work, I deserve a beer”. “I have been sober for 100 days, I’m recovered and can drink again.”
  • Our heads will use every excuse possible to rationalize drinking. If you recognize even a slither of that thinking, reach out to fellow addicts. You are not a burden if you ask for help. We want to help a fellow in distress.
  • Take it one day at a time. Don’t think about forever. That’s a scary thought. Simply tell yourself you won’t drink today. Tomorrow is not relevant yet. It is not of importance yet.

You have a lot of advice now. Now tell me, what are you going to do differently this time? What makes this time different than those other times? What will you do to prevent failing again? Tell me. I want to know.

6 Likes