Poems, Quotes, and other Ephemera

Hi @Rikk thanks.

Maybe post a link to your poetry topic here? I’m not sure how to find it, and then others can find it too.

Good idea lol
Thanks @JohnSee

1 Like

Something i was working on and ran into a wall in finishing…

“I’d sell my soul for one more chance, to stand beside you once again. To feel your heart beat next to mine, I’d walk this world one thousand times. I’d give up everything i know, for one more chance to watch you grow, to feel your heart beat next to mine, I’d walk this world one thousand times”

2 Likes

Hey @Rikk glad you posted the link! I read through it all. So many good lines, but this part stood out for me…

"I awoke this morning to the sound of motivation slipping through the cracks of the floor beneath my bed.

In my head a dream of what once was, of what used to be, and what might be again.

I awoke."

2 Likes

@JohnSee
One of My fave poems… i was able to read some of my stuff to my therapist today and that was one of them… he liked it as well

1 Like

Chapter One. I walk down the street. There’s a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in.
I am lost. I am helpless. It isn’t my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.

Chapter Two. I walk down the same street. There’s a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don’t see it. I fall in again. I can’t believe I’m in the same place! But it isn’t my fault. And it still takes a long time to get out.

Chapter Three. I walk down the same street. There’s a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it there. I still fall in. It’s a habit! My eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.

Chapter Four. I walk down the same street. There’s a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.

Chapter Five. I walk down a different street.

Portia Nelson, There’s a Hole in My Sidewalk: The Romance of Self-Discovery

2 Likes

@MelB thought you might be interested in this thread

2 Likes

Tell me exactly
what am I supposed to do?
Now that I have
allowed you to beat me!
Do you think that
we could play another game?
Maybe I can win this time?
I kind of like