Post your most inspiring photos of nature #4

Pictures of the trail itself. The first steps look so easy lol

26 Likes

And some of the views of the Guadalupe high peak trail in Salt Flat, TX

23 Likes

Totally forgot the cute little bridge that is around cliff dwellings

24 Likes

Lol this is epic! What was the temp? Lol made it look easy.

1 Like

What state again? I thought you mentioned a name in the other post.

1 Like

Nature really is amazing…
Actually, do these qualify as pets?
Maybe should be in the pet thread…

8 Likes

Now this is funny. Thanks to my friend who used to have big spiders when we were children, I’m not scared of them. But only of these big ones people are having as pets from zoo shops. I can take them to my hands or let them to move around my body like this girl does.
But when it comes to the spiders of small sizes, I am totally freaking out! And I think it’s too late to get rid of the fear of them, because I tried… I wish someone tought me as a kid too.

3 Likes

Hi, these were taken on my walk earlier, all the beach huts have different names I think they are cute. This is Saltburn a couple of miles away. I love the rough seas.

I

23 Likes

Colourful Burano, a place close to Venice, where houses are #colourful and walking there is like being in a fairytale :fairy:

Legend has it that the houses in Burano were painted such bright colors so the fishermen could see the island more vividly. As fog tends to build up around Burano, this meant that they could avoid crashing their boats into it.

“The colours of the houses follow a specific system, originating from the golden age of its development. If someone wishes to paint their home, one must send a request to the government, who will respond by making notice of the certain colours permitted for that lot.” - Wikipedia

17 Likes

Wow, beautiful creatures. Especially the spider and its web is fascinating!

1 Like

Is this a big bee or a bumblebee? :astonished:

It was in the 60s when I started and low 90s when I was done. I was hiking for 7 hours!! I discovered I need hiking poles so ordered some this morning off Amazon. The poles would have made that trek 100% easier. That part of the Guadalupe mountains is in Texas

3 Likes

It’s a two-spotted bumble bee.
:+1:

2 Likes

A nice plump bumble bee. :grin:

1 Like

Just a bunch of my randomness lol

26 Likes

Started out day 70 with a hard hike that was very rewarding. Beautiful views! Visiting family for the first time sober and my brother took me to do this :heart:

28 Likes

More controlled burns before fire season starts.
Smokey loveliness

15 Likes

Awwwr, that is so lovely! I’m happy for you :blush: Glad you got to see so much beauty when visiting your family sober for the first time :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Do they know about your intentions?
Your brother seems to be a thoughtful person. A great way how to make you busy by doing something nice and meaningful :blush:

4 Likes

Thank you! They do know my intentions and usually my dad wont stop offering me a drink when i go to his house but this time he didn’t even bring it up once. It was such a relief. Its been a nice time :blush:

2 Likes

Leftover smoke from controlled burns always makes for a red sunrise. You can see a river of smoke come in from the right side from a burn that started up again in the morning - most will go out overnight.

12 Likes