Post your most inspiring photos of nature #5

This is in Kyrgyzstan south of Tien Shien. I usually do a 2 hour hike most mornings for exercise. This is about a 15 minute walk from my house.

4 Likes

Every day an 2 hour walk? Respect! :facepunch:
I try to do a 1 hour walk before work daily but found that hard to do sometimes. Like for example today :blush: It rains cats and dogs so to speak, so the weather is very bad today.
I can walk in my raingear, but I hate that.

4 Likes

I’ll walk in the rain, snow, hail or sun. I think if I had more time I’d probably walk more than 2 hours. Days where I have more free time I will. Sometimes though if the weather is too bad I’ll ride my horse instead. Or I’ll mix it up and do an hour of walking and an hour of riding. Walking daily really helps clear my mind and keeps me healthy.

6 Likes

Exact! That’s why I walk as well. It keeps me grounded, otherwise I would be way to much in my head. Walking in the snow wouldn’t bother me eather but rain is difficult :face_with_peeking_eye: And where I live we have loads of it sometimes…

3 Likes

It’s a great habit to keep. I definitely notice a difference in my mood if I don’t have my walk. Yeah walking in the rain can be a hassle. Here we don’t get as much rain. It’s considered a cold climate desert so we get a lot of snow and the occasional rain storm but when it rains it pours and gets so muddy.

4 Likes

Well I’m Dutch so we have a rainy country. But because of the climat changes we have more of it in shorter periods of time. So when it rains, it pours. Our winters get less cold then it used to be and our summers are hotter. Because our country is below sea level and the sea is rising we are doing a lot to keep our head above the water so to speak :blush: So near my house we have a few dikes to keep the water away from where I live. They are increasing them now to avoid an overflow ore breaktrue in the near future.
Climate changes are bad :sweat:

6 Likes

Oh man I’ve heard a lot about this. I would struggle living in a rainy place like that. By the way I love the Dutch! I named my dog Mop from a Dutch children’s song I once heard. :joy:

4 Likes

Ha ha! :rofl::joy: It’s a nickname I also use for my husband and kids! It’s from the song:

"Toen onze mop een mopje was, was aardig om te zien! Nu bromt hij alle dagen en bijt nog bovendien! "

Translation (try to :sweat_smile:)

“When our sweetheart (?) Was a little sweetheart, she was cute to see. Now she grumbles all days and also bites.”

How did you know that song? If it was this one :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Yes it is this song! I sing it to her some days and she will wag her tail and look extra cute. I liked the word play with her name Mop meaning 1 thing in Dutch, another in English and then having a funny 3rd meaning in Kyrgyz. I have a friend who is Dutch and I would sometimes hear her sing this song to kids. I liked the name and word play so came to name my dog Mop. She also knows all her commands in Dutch :joy:

6 Likes

20 Likes

The moon was so bright!

25 Likes

He visited me twice today and ive named him fred

23 Likes

This is Amazing :star_struck:
I live it!

2 Likes

Aha, know I understand :smile:
I was really wondering how you would knew such an old Dutch song :sweat_smile: And yes Mop has many meanings even in Dutch I can find at least 3. Funny!

2 Likes

Oh he’s beautiful!

2 Likes

Some time in the forest today

21 Likes

Stunning. Forestry is my happy place

5 Likes

Current time when the picture was taken 21.30
The sky right before a Thunderstorm.
Late spring in Sweden menas almost 24/7 daylight.

I live those, and I also love the colours of it in late spring. The bright green of the trees against the dark blue sky.

14 Likes

No way I can climb down stairs with walker attached to my butt. Inspires to get in shape fast and I am in boat ready to co captain. Even a life vest for doberman

13 Likes

Spouse went without me. It is a big “ok “ I am in kitchen baking a cake from scratch. I am in my happy place.

16 Likes