Pride Month (LGBTQ+ and addiction)

It is the same at the Catholic Church my parents attend in Daytona Beach, Florida USA. Their priest is the absolute best!!!

6 Likes

It’s heart warming to see religions which are welcoming…

The Catholic Church banned me… Lol

4 Likes

Even that is changing, there are a few rouge priests out there…with time, and pressure even the most dogmatic can change

2 Likes

I liked this yesterday. Then realized. You said a Catholic Church ?? Wow! That huge!

2 Likes

Too me. Churches are like AA meetings. I want God in my life. I need God in my life. And I try different churches, under the Lutheran Faith, that I like. Just like finding a good Alanon or AA meeting. I do realize California, especially Santa Monica, is pretty progressive and it may not be possible where you live. But it’s nice to know they are out there. And lately, like the last 2 or 3 years I haven’t been to church at all. I’m actually pretty pissed off at “The Church.”

But Jesus overheard them and said to Jairus, “Don’t be afraid. Just have faith.
Mark 5:36

We have a Methodist church with rainbow flags, AA meetings and a lunch to feed the homeless that my agency puts on. They cater to immigrants and refugees because we have a large population here.

8 Likes

Yes, my parents are thrilled to have found Father Phil. He does his masses on line if you are interested, he is truly a special human and welcoming TO ALL no matter what the Bishop or Vatican decrees. And I am not a Catholic Church fan.

Same as my folks Church @Englishd , they do massive outreach in the community, especially homeless, immigrants and marginalized populations. A true gift to the commuity, as yours sounds like.

6 Likes

This is the flag I had on my balcony. Love it
:purple_heart::blue_heart::green_heart::yellow_heart::orange_heart::heart::black_heart::brown_heart:

11 Likes

…… and, love my “neighborhood” lol

17 Likes

This is shocking. I just learned that conversion ‘therapy’ became illegal only in 2020 in Germany and is practiced still in many countries. :flushed:

4 Likes

A bill was only past to make it illegal in the north of Ireland in April this year , and there is still two parties arguing about on religious views , it absolutely disgusting

4 Likes

I’m ashamed to say it’s still legal over here. We have a government that includes a rather orthodox protestant polical party and that’s why. Awful.

3 Likes

I am ashamed that I have no idea about all this I must admit. Whenever I see things like this it leaves me in disbelief about what the fuck is wrong with humanity.
In 7 countries it is allowed to do anal inspection to determine if someone is gay :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::scream::skull: although UN says it is a type of Folter (what is the English word for this?)

2 Likes

It’s called torture and it chills my soul.

4 Likes

I hope and pray no one needs this. But it is a legit group here in the States. In case anyone knows of anyone.

:pray:t2::heart:

4 Likes

I took this photo about a dozen years ago in San Diego.

3 Likes

Bumping. If anyone needs support and such, we’re here. You’re not alone.

6 Likes

Really happy to see this thread. I just joined the community today and was pretty disheartened when I didn’t see an LGBTQ+ group.

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum and welcome to your sobriety Sasha! You’re most certainly not alone here. :heartpulse: :rainbow_flag: :transgender_flag: :heartpulse:

4 Likes

7 Likes