Problems with app after UI update on Samsung A33

Hello everyone,

Since Samsung updated its UI on A33 smartphones, I cannot come back from other apps without having to restart the forum in the Sober Time app. There is just a blank white screen where the forum entries should be.

Does anyone else have this problem?

6 Likes

@Robin may be able to help you. I’m sorry you’re having issues.

3 Likes

The same happens to me. I have a Samsung galaxy S23. It started happening 2 updates ago. Even if I take a call while on the app, I come back to a white screen. I’ve gotten used to it and just restart. It doesn’t happen with other apps only TS accessed via ST.
@Mno suggested opening Talking Sober in Chrome and then using the drop down menu in Chrome to add Talking Sober to your start screen.

2 Likes

My old phone is a galaxy s21 which I still use to access TS sometimes. Same thing happening now which is annoying so I do use the web browser now.

2 Likes

Thank you all for your replies! Much appreciated!

I’ve also started to use Chrome today.:+1:t2:

2 Likes

I have a similar system in my iPhone, on occasion I get a white screen. Always at home, never seen it anywhere else. Sometimes switching wifi off and back on will help. Sometimes just the passage of time works and sometimes I have to restart the phone.

My guess is it’s stuck in a retry condition.

1 Like

I’ve tried turning off wifi, resetting the phone and time (6 weeks) but nothing works. Maybe @Robin has an answer.

Have you attempted to flush the cache on the app? Uninstalling and reinstalling it?

I have this issue!!

2 Likes

Can anyone experiencing this issue attach a video?

To clarify:

• You’re in Sober Time
  • You navigate to Talking Sober
  • You switch to another app for a while
  • You switch back to Sober Time and the screen is white?

Looks to be Android-specific from the reports here, could anyone experiencing this issue also make a note of their Android version?

3 Likes

Oh you’re experiencing it on iOS too? It might be that the website is cleared to save phone resources and I have to manually build in a reload.

Yes, you got the scenario correct. Not sure where to find the info you need on the version. Here’s a screenshot of mine that maybe helpful.

What info can I give you next time it happens?

Same here. How can i send a video? File type not allowed is the message i get. Thanks

You can send it to me over email at robin@sociosoftware.com

I have the same problem on my android Samsung

2 Likes

I’ve been working on this for the last few days. I’ve tried to replicate it, but I have been unable to get this problem to appear on both of my devices (iPhone and Android).

I’d really appreciate any detail anyone can provide!

Ive been having this issue for weeks. I have a samsung s23. Access talking sober thru the sobertime app. If i swivh screens from ts, from the app, and back to ts, i get a blank community screen. Like this

From there i have to exit the community back to the sober time app and back into ts. Before this additional step wasnt necessary. If i viewed something else on my phone and went back to the app i would still be in the community

1 Like

I have a Samsung S23 and @Cjp describes what happens perfectly. I come to the forum via the ST app but when I leave to go to another app and come back here, I have a white screen. I then have to click community and enter the forum again from the app.

What @Cjp and @Lisa07 describe happens to me with my iPhone 14. iOS 17.2.1

1 Like