Proper introduction šŸ‘‹šŸ¼

Good morning! Now Iā€™ve got to grips with this app I thought Iā€™d introduce myself properly after such lovely responses on my previous thread!
Iā€™m Kat 33, :uk: Iā€™m currently on day 6 after years of on off binge drinking, following a physically, verbally and mentally abusive relationship with my sons father. For me, alcohol was the one way I could stand to remain with him for my sons sake (as I thought then), the more I had on an evening, the quicker Iā€™d sleep and that day would be over. But I had to get my son out of there after he turned on me whilst I had my baby boy in my arms. So I did. My now husband literally saved me from that ā€˜manā€™! Weā€™ve been married now for almost 5 years. He was an alcoholic, told he wouldnā€™t make 37. He stopped drinking for me and my son and is now 41 having not touched a drop for 8 years!! I owe him the same.
I feel like this is such a wonderful group from all the threads Iā€™ve worked through so far, and where Iā€™ve tried before, got to 3 months sober then caved again, I feel this time is different :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:With the money I have saved on booze this week I have ordered myself 2 morse code bracelets, one says ā€˜one day at a timeā€™, the other ā€˜be stronger than the stormā€™, Iā€™m ready to do this! :muscle:
Thankyou for all your kindness shown so far, I look forward to connecting more! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

23 Likes

Very glad to meet (again) Kat! Thatā€™s a pretty profile pic lady. Oww you changed it again. Thatā€™s a nice one too :sunglasses: I hope this place will be all it is to me and more for you too.

2 Likes

Great to have you here. There is a thread to check in every day on: Checking in daily to maintain focus #33 A lot of people find it very useful. You can do anything you put your mind to and the journey is easier with others. I hope you find this forum to be helpful in your journey.

4 Likes

Welcome Kat! Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like youā€™ve got a wonderfully supportive partner. Glad to see youā€™re finding your way around the forum. :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry, it wouldnā€™t let me reply for 8 hoursā€¦.think Iā€™ve clearly been too eager! :joy:
Haha thanku, it saved though and it looked like a bit of a close up! :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:
What Iā€™ve read so far seems to be fabulous and so welcoming, not at all judgemental or condescending, itā€™s just lovely :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanku Lisa! I suppose the only way is to be open and go back to the start. But by going back, I can hopefully now go forwards :crossed_fingers:t3::heart:

1 Like

Congrats on day six Kat. Nice share. I am happy you are safe and away from that other relationship and starting a sober journey.
Like @Chiron mentioned that check in thread is a good place to be accountable.
I start my day off on the Daily Gratitude List #3 - #173 by Dazercat
We got so much to be grateful for when we are sober. Coffee is always on and the gratitude is always flowing. Pull up a chair.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thankyou so much thatā€™s just really lovely! Yes I might start that tomorrow with the daily check in, it would be a good time being my 1 week! I try and do a lot of gratitude and law of attraction stuff so that could become a morning pit stop too! Thanks, what a fab idea! :pray::heart:

1 Like

Hey lady! Welcome! Iā€™m so glad you are hear, and it sounds like you have an awesome husband, which you deserve. When you are able to, I would love to see a pic of the bracelets you ordered? Iā€™m coming up on 6 months, and want to have an everyday reminder to wear of how awesome sober life is. Again, glad you are here with us!

1 Like

Hey! Absolutely, no worries, as soon as they arrive Iā€™ll get a picture for you. They were dispatched yesterday (from Etsy) so hoping they arrive soon :crossed_fingers:t3::relaxed:

Checking in. Day 4 for me. Today has been hard and the cravings start. I need to get my mind in something else.

2 Likes

@Tothedrew do you have something to keep you and your mind busy and distracted? Youā€™re at the better side of a week now :muscle:

Welcome!! :tada::heart::hugs::pray:

1 Like

Thankyou :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Iā€™m glad (but also not glad!) to be here :heart:

1 Like

Its a great placeā€¦ We have a lovely little community here with amazing humans and a lot of useful help , advice, and info on so many thingsā€¦

And there is ALWAYS some one on here to talk toā€¦ It brilliant that we are all scattered in different cornerā€™s of the globe so our clocks make it convienent to always have some one online at any given time :heart:

1 Like

They just arrived @LeeHawk :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Sadly. Itā€™s burning weeds in my yard. But yeah, it worked. Now I have my dreams tormenting me. Overall, still proud of myself.

How are you @Kat1210

1 Like

Iā€™ve had some funky dreams since I stopped, very vivid! It happened last time too. You should be proud, itā€™s a big step and youā€™re nearly a week down! Hold your head high @Tothedrew
Iā€™m good so far thanks, big test today though, first social event this afternoon so Iā€™m determined to stay strong! :muscle::+1:t3:

They are gorgeous! Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics. So glad you are here, lady! Have a fantastic weekend!

1 Like

Very welcome, let me know if youā€™d like the link to the shop and Iā€™ll send you it, sheā€™s a lovely lady that makes them, and you can have anything you want! They certainly helped me today!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: