Proper introduction 👋🏼

Good morning! Now I’ve got to grips with this app I thought I’d introduce myself properly after such lovely responses on my previous thread!
I’m Kat 33, :uk: I’m currently on day 6 after years of on off binge drinking, following a physically, verbally and mentally abusive relationship with my sons father. For me, alcohol was the one way I could stand to remain with him for my sons sake (as I thought then), the more I had on an evening, the quicker I’d sleep and that day would be over. But I had to get my son out of there after he turned on me whilst I had my baby boy in my arms. So I did. My now husband literally saved me from that ‘man’! We’ve been married now for almost 5 years. He was an alcoholic, told he wouldn’t make 37. He stopped drinking for me and my son and is now 41 having not touched a drop for 8 years!! I owe him the same.
I feel like this is such a wonderful group from all the threads I’ve worked through so far, and where I’ve tried before, got to 3 months sober then caved again, I feel this time is different :crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:With the money I have saved on booze this week I have ordered myself 2 morse code bracelets, one says ‘one day at a time’, the other ‘be stronger than the storm’, I’m ready to do this! :muscle:
Thankyou for all your kindness shown so far, I look forward to connecting more! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

23 Likes

Very glad to meet (again) Kat! That’s a pretty profile pic lady. Oww you changed it again. That’s a nice one too :sunglasses: I hope this place will be all it is to me and more for you too.

2 Likes

Great to have you here. There is a thread to check in every day on: Checking in daily to maintain focus #33 A lot of people find it very useful. You can do anything you put your mind to and the journey is easier with others. I hope you find this forum to be helpful in your journey.

4 Likes

Welcome Kat! Thank you for sharing your story. It sounds like you’ve got a wonderfully supportive partner. Glad to see you’re finding your way around the forum. :blush:

2 Likes

Sorry, it wouldn’t let me reply for 8 hours….think I’ve clearly been too eager! :joy:
Haha thanku, it saved though and it looked like a bit of a close up! :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:
What I’ve read so far seems to be fabulous and so welcoming, not at all judgemental or condescending, it’s just lovely :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thanku Lisa! I suppose the only way is to be open and go back to the start. But by going back, I can hopefully now go forwards :crossed_fingers:t3::heart:

1 Like

Congrats on day six Kat. Nice share. I am happy you are safe and away from that other relationship and starting a sober journey.
Like @Chiron mentioned that check in thread is a good place to be accountable.
I start my day off on the Daily Gratitude List #3 - #173 by Dazercat
We got so much to be grateful for when we are sober. Coffee is always on and the gratitude is always flowing. Pull up a chair.
:pray:t2::heart:

3 Likes

Thankyou so much that’s just really lovely! Yes I might start that tomorrow with the daily check in, it would be a good time being my 1 week! I try and do a lot of gratitude and law of attraction stuff so that could become a morning pit stop too! Thanks, what a fab idea! :pray::heart:

1 Like

Hey lady! Welcome! I’m so glad you are hear, and it sounds like you have an awesome husband, which you deserve. When you are able to, I would love to see a pic of the bracelets you ordered? I’m coming up on 6 months, and want to have an everyday reminder to wear of how awesome sober life is. Again, glad you are here with us!

1 Like

Hey! Absolutely, no worries, as soon as they arrive I’ll get a picture for you. They were dispatched yesterday (from Etsy) so hoping they arrive soon :crossed_fingers:t3::relaxed:

Checking in. Day 4 for me. Today has been hard and the cravings start. I need to get my mind in something else.

2 Likes

@Tothedrew do you have something to keep you and your mind busy and distracted? You’re at the better side of a week now :muscle:

Welcome!! :tada::heart::hugs::pray:

1 Like

Thankyou :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I’m glad (but also not glad!) to be here :heart:

1 Like

Its a great place… We have a lovely little community here with amazing humans and a lot of useful help , advice, and info on so many things…

And there is ALWAYS some one on here to talk to… It brilliant that we are all scattered in different corner’s of the globe so our clocks make it convienent to always have some one online at any given time :heart:

1 Like

They just arrived @LeeHawk :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Sadly. It’s burning weeds in my yard. But yeah, it worked. Now I have my dreams tormenting me. Overall, still proud of myself.

How are you @Kat1210

1 Like

I’ve had some funky dreams since I stopped, very vivid! It happened last time too. You should be proud, it’s a big step and you’re nearly a week down! Hold your head high @Tothedrew
I’m good so far thanks, big test today though, first social event this afternoon so I’m determined to stay strong! :muscle::+1:t3:

They are gorgeous! Thank you so much for taking the time to post the pics. So glad you are here, lady! Have a fantastic weekend!

1 Like

Very welcome, let me know if you’d like the link to the shop and I’ll send you it, she’s a lovely lady that makes them, and you can have anything you want! They certainly helped me today!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: