Proud Friday Night

Only day 5 dont drink at all in wk weekends are the problem. Friday night hubby got couple drinks & I couldnt think of anything worse !! Proud of myself Im not giving in. Bought a book Jason Vale Kick the drink … Easily . Looking foward to reading it .

7 Likes

Congrats on your first sober Friday! Great plan picking up that book. Have you got anything good planned for your first sober weekend?

There’s so much support and advice here. Search, read, reach out when you need to. This thread is a good place to start if you haven’t found it already :grin:

2 Likes

In the beginning I read everything I could get my hands on that dealt with alcoholism. Alcohol was my enemy, and I wanted to learn every thing I could.

Outstanding job!

2 Likes

A nice relaxing wkend planned much needed. Hubby asking do I want a bottle of red to which the reply was no thank you. That isnt supporting me he appologised. Why dont people take you serious when you tell them your stoping drinking ? Maybe because they have heard it so many times before but this time for the sake of my anxiety & depression I will do this.

1 Like

I also think the fact that alcohol is such a big part of society (for lots of people anyway) that some people just don’t get it. And there is a perception of an alcoholic/problem drinker being someone who drinks all day every day.

But at the end of the day, no one else can make us drink. That’s all on us, we have the power to choose. And all we have to do is choose not to have that first drink :blush:

1 Like