Put myself in detox after 7 years of alcoholism now 2 weeks sober 🙏

7 years living in hell it all happened when my mother in law passed away 6 months before my father both cancer, a father in law who passed away a year later in a hotel room and didn’t get to say good bye and I lost a successful dog grooming business of five years all in a matter of a year after my in-laws and father died, we lost the house we were in my husband’s family home than having my 14 year old daughter tell me that I ruined her life and she hates me, a book she picked up was called girl in pieces…i started reading it and that day I phoned dextox. Was told I would wait up to 30 days and panicked and knew after an evaluation they knew I was critical care and I needed to get in and as soon as possible, and I’m getting in 2 weeks later when I walk through those doors I was terrified but I knew my life was going to change. Last summer I almost killed myself and my best friend I actually broke her back in a car accident due to drinking and driving I thought that that was my wake-up call we were sober for a hundred days and then we fell off the wagon and until I walked through those doors to detox two weeks ago today I would still be drinking. Without taking that step to go and to detox I got the help I needed and the resources and The help by talking to people like all of you it keeps me going every day and I want to live now and live a sober life and I just want to congratulate you all on your sobriety and I look forward to meeting new people through this way of communication and I am also more than willing to look for a sponsor now within my area of AA because I’m learning that all of these essential tools that I now have such as I go to a course every day called ADP so addiction Day program or detox program and I’ve learned many more skills than I ever have or any resources or community like yourselves that I can come to and that is what’s going to keep me on track this time. Thanks for listening and happy sober weekend to you all.

9 Likes

Hi :raising_hand_woman:
Welcome to the community :slightly_smiling_face:
You have done an amzing job turning your life around, you took a step to make the best change you can and your on this journey now and should feel good despite everything you have been through.
Im not saying magically everything will be okay overnight but it will get better, the foundations you are making now mean you and your daughter can rebuild a relationship and live a happy life together.
Your not alone, especially not when your here.
This community is full of so many supportive people and im glad that you are here with us.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us i know that couldnt of been easy :hugs:
Its great you have reached out, keep reaching out here on the bad and good days.
Take a good read around and get a feel for the support there is here for you and how others who have been where you are have made it :slightly_smiling_face:

This is the checking in daily thread you will find lots of us there checking in each day maybe give it a read

:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the kind welcome :grin: I am so glad I found this community :blush:

2 Likes

I’m just wondering when I can post pictures do you know. I’d like to post my 2weeks

2 Likes

I wouldnt be sober today without the support of everyone here.
Your fit right in with us :hugs:

I am not sure sorry have you tried to add one yet?
If not the button on the right with the picture on it takes you to your phone gallery.

2 Likes

This button should take you straight to your phone gallery :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I did try that I’ll get it at some point I guess.iam looking around the site now :relaxed: