Quitting vaping and smoking

Great going Nick. One day, one hour, one minute at a time if needed is how it is done. My hands are busy enough these days. I still chew toothpicks though, not craving a smoke but the habit of having something in my mouth is still here obviously. I don’t care. Quitting smoking might have been the best thing I ever did.

1 Like

Haha whatever gets you though it I suppose. I’m putting my ecig down sometime this year, sick of spending money and obsessing over it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Definitely keep the hands busy. I’m already loving the fact I’m not fumbling or panicking about not having it to hand. Leaving the house is so Mich easier.

1 Like

Exactly. Being a slave to something so fucking stupid is my main reason for quitting. So much easier not to though as its seen as a much “healthier” option

2 Likes

I stopped four years ago overnight. The toughest part was the first three days. After day five it was easy. I’d say don’t drink for the first month but seems like you’re already on top of that. A year ago I smoked half a roll up while I was on holiday, it’s the only time I cheated and it was disgusting. Get over the initial tough spot and in no time you’ll stop thinking about smoking completely.

2 Likes

Amazing work buddy, fucking horrible this my mood is up and down like a brides night dress :rofl: definitely feel like if I can crack today I’m going to be okay. Nearly ran over some arsehole at the supermarket though :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I got this, because all of you have got me. Going strong :muscle:

6 Likes

Feel much better this morning. Head is a lot clearer and that fuzz has disappeared. Still thought about my vape 36548 times though since waking up and I’ve only been up an hour. Still, on to day 4! I ain’t giving in

6 Likes

I’ve just had to spend £70 on a new blinking
E-cigarette as my normal one Broke down on me :angry:

1 Like

It’s a new toy to play with at least :joy:

2 Likes

Day 4 yeah! Keep going Nick! You are doing it. @anon13078412 @anon51407452 Two of the reasons why I quit CT.

3 Likes

Happened twice to me this year already. Unfortunately they dont last long in building sites :rofl: although mine were only £30 each. Must be a right big bastard for 70 notes :rofl:

Day 4 done. Restless and insomniac tonight. Know it’s the withdrawal I’ll be okay :grin:

Back to the Future trilogy it is. And a squeeze of Dave. Yes I’m weird :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah my last one was 35 it was a geekvape aegis they are pretty much indestructible. I work on site too I’m a joiner, there’s videos on YouTube of the aegis being thrown off buildings and being run over by tanks and they still work.
I’d been using one with an internal battery, went to a few shops in stalybridge and Ashton and there weren’t many worth having. This was 70 for the mod, tank, two batteries and an external charger.
What’s your trade mate?

1 Like

Proper smart that. Nothing like what I was using :rofl:

I own a flooring company in Worsley mate. So it’s basically safety flooring and strip plank LVT supply and fit. Do a bit of domestic as well but the money is on the sites as you probably know. Lot of tradeys with drug and alcohol issues it seems. Met tons in recovery :rofl: self employment eh!?

Yeah man I’ve been self employed for nearly twenty years now.
What do you mean by safety flooring.
The building games rife with drug takers, half of em are sniffed up at work. Mind you there not too many on some of the bigger sites that do drug testing in the inductions.
I’ve just bought a load of the DeWalt flex volt tools. I want the big 305mm cordless flex volt chop saw but I gotta get a grand together for it first :joy:
I wouldn’t touch DeWalt years ago only Makita :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You’re just about over the hump! For me day 5 was when I started feeling better. No going back now! Well done!

2 Likes

Ahh fucking sniffers and decorators :joy: know lads who work on site till gone 1am sniffed up to get jobs finished. Like you could be arsed. In my using days it was sniff, booze then ladies of the night :rofl:

Ah thank you for your post and advice ill check the app out. I have to stay away from sugar. My addictive head likes that shit as much as booze and coke :sob::rofl:

1 Like

Climbing into bed. Can almost smell as week clean. Not too bad today. Been really busy which has kept the hands busy. Reckon I’ll sleep tonight after last nights poor as fuck effort

7 Likes