Quitting vaping and smoking

Ha, Menno, I did wonder if it was my HP playing games.
So far so good. Bit edgy. Got some mint humbugs.:grinning:

2 Likes

Got your back brother.

1 Like

Higher powers eh!?

1 Like

Just read this whole thread. Very proud of you man! Keep it going.

Me and my boyfriend just bought vapes about a week ago to get off the cigarettes. So far, so good. I figure I should be hella proud of myself for quitting the cigs because honestly ive done a lot of different drugs in my time. Iā€™m down to a few less serious vices but the cigarettes I literally feel breaking down my lungs. I agree w the singing comment above somewhere, and honestly the sooner you quit smoking, the sooner you voice will get better or at least preserve the state itā€™s at now, yknow.( Throat lungs chest all that good stuff.)

1 Like

So I thought of vaping maybe twice yesterday! Obviously Iā€™m mega busy in Spain so my mind is definitely elsewhere but fucking hell I canā€™t believe that. To think Iā€™ve gone from a hopeless addict depending on tobacco, cocaine, alcohol and cannibis on a daily basis to this serene chilled out straightedge motherfucker who gets thrills and hard ons off scenery and life experiences. I feel woke, I feel alive and a feel free!

2 Likes

But for the grace of god, AA and this fucking forum! :pray::pray::pray:

2 Likes

Fantastic post, hope the vaping is going well

3 weeks! 3 goddamn awesome smoke free weeks. Had a couple of pretty big cravings today but I knew Iā€™d have them as watching football was always accompanied by a smoke or vape. All I know is. Iā€™m not going to pick up today

6 Likes

Great job Nick, I put on a patch last night and today is my first day without a cigarette in 20 years.

4 Likes

Fuckin eh man!! How are you feeling? I think by this time I felt like 95% normal. That last 5% took a while, but that 95% felt great!

3 Likes

Amazing buddy. This can be done. Use this thread as your own buddy and keep us updated!

2 Likes

Feel light as a feather. Completely stress free now and like Iā€™m full of oxygen :joy: that freedom of now being a slave to absolutely nothing is priceless. Canā€™t buy this buddy

4 Likes

Just a quick update.

Day 45.

Dont even think about it anymore for days on end. So strange not having any active addictions. Never felt so free in my life. All asthma symptoms have disappeared as well, no longer have to use any inhaler of any sort. Just keeping well on top of my diet so I dont replace one fix for another

4 Likes

Yes mate! Great work. I love those moments when you realise what a slave you were to it all, because now you arenā€™t!

3 Likes

I never thought I could quit anything. 15 months ago I was a slave to just about anything and everything. 20 years of substance abuse has taught me a hell of a lot, and as strange as it sounds, I wouldnā€™t swap those 20 years for anything. I needed them

3 Likes

Iā€™m so curious. What exactly do the patches do to keep you from wanting a smoke? Iā€™ve always been curious :blush:

Iā€™m curiousā€¦
Iā€™ve had the same experience feeling a fresh n focused new me ā€œnormalā€ but with overcoming a much harsher addiction.

Im just curious to know what your thoughts were on becoming normal again and how you would describe them. :smile:

Youā€™re so inspiring Nick you have no idea :star_struck: :sparkles:

Oh man, you just described me with thinking you left it at home, etc. I quit cigs May 22nd but have been vaping. I do alot less not drinking.
This morning I was thinking how I really miss having a cold one. :unamused:

It gives you the nicotine through your skin so you wont crave the cigarettes.