Raise your hand if you know someone with COVID-19

No need to say who if you don’t want to share that is fine. We are here to support each other through the challenge of sobriety and when life put these other obstacles in our way we tend to self pity. But this is not a poor me poor me pour me another drink type of post. Today we do not need to drink. Today and in the coming days we need to love and support each other. As statistics climb I expect every person on here to be impacted. So please share your love, support, gratitude, and prayers. My higher power gave me a sign that he is in control right now.

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2: brother in law - hospitalized
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:t2:sister

7 Likes

Shit man. I will pray for you and yours. Just devastating man. I myself don’t know anyone… yet.

It’s good to see you tho buddy. Been a bit

2 Likes

I too will say a little prayer for your loved ones. :+1::slightly_smiling_face::clap::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I have coworkers that have it and they’ve lost family members to it this week. We’re all going to be impacted by this one way or another eventually. I just keep saying my prayers and leave it in the hands of my higher power. All we can do is continue taking precautions to protect ourselves and loved ones.

7 Likes

I pray that God will help them and will heal them both to their fullest in Jesus name… :pray: That’s just how I do it… Hope that’s alright with you… :bouquet:

3 Likes

:pray: Prayers for strength

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!!

@Quit4myDaughter I too believe The Lord is in control of ALL thing’s and I agree that more now than ever (probably because I’m always the last to understand do to my own misunderstandings) is the time to remain sober and vigilant because evil is also among us, it gets within us through every bitter thought and will breed quickly and will overtake us if we are not extremely careful… We must take the wheel, rightfully judge where we have failed, ask for forgiveness where needed and pray hard that he will lead us and even harder for those (that includes us all) who are still needing to see their way past all temptations… I believe in taking the knee now and confessing now who is God… Everyone will eventually… No one is promised another breath… Jesus loves us but we have to believe in him and trust in him fully… :100:

4 Likes

:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: Friend in London. He died.
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: Friend in Oslo. He’s recovering at home with his partner.
:raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed: Friend in Edinburgh, he’s got all the symptoms but still can’t get tested.

These are people I consider to be real close friends…:slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

@Oluoch
So sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in your memories. Shalom

4 Likes

:raised_back_of_hand::mask:
My parents and I all have it… my dad refused to adhere to the social distancing and brought it into our house. I’m not trying to place blame, it just sucks when one person ruins it for others.
Unfortunately, he’s in the hospital and I’m trying to keep my mother and myself comfortable… which is not easy!
It’s an ugly ugly virus… and I really wish someone were here to take care of us… but my one brother is in California and the other has a compromised immune system… so it’s just us.
I know it could be worse, it most certainly doesn’t feel like it’s getting better and it most definitely makes me want a drink… and it’s in the house… I wouldn’t have to try very hard… but I’m okay… for now I think…

10 Likes

Aww! This is horrible Kat. Please take care of yourself and mom the best you can. Hopefully you’ll start feeling better soon. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

4 Likes

Prayers for all of you and those affected. So far my personal world is COVID free. I know we are lucky.

2 Likes

I am so sorry to hear that… :bouquet: Praying for you!!! :pray:

1 Like

Praying God heals you all to your fullest in Jesus name… :pray: Hope that’s alright with you… :bouquet::bouquet::bouquet:

1 Like

My Father was placed in the ICU last evening on CO-VID19 protocol/isolation. He has a severe post amputation infection of the right foot, pneumonia and is now septic. I was not allowed to stay with him in the ER and I am not allowed to visit. He has only one nurse in his room per shift due to his being immunocompromised and extremely susceptible to COVID. I am absolutely terrified. If he were to contract the virus, he would not survive.

To those who know or love someone with COVID-19, my heart and prayers go out to you and yours. The uncertainty has now kept me up for well over 24 hours pacing the floors and chain smoking. I can hardly imagine the toll it takes on one who loves someone suffering. Hug your loved ones tighter, call that family member you haven’t spoken to in awhile and use “I love you” in abundance. Stay safe, y’all.

5 Likes

We have a pastor friend that has it and he’s very sick. He was in the hospital for a few days, but he is now home. But he’s still not well. He’s not eating much. His wife and kids are in a difficult situation now. We suspect that he got it when they went to Italy or when they had church last March. Just this year, they housed a 40 year old woman that the wife regards as a daughter, even though the wife is in her 40’s as well. She recently suddenly died of the flu. My wife suspects it was Covid 19

3 Likes

Won’t be long before I get it. I work in a frontline service and still haven’t got any PPE

It’s impossible to social distance due to the nature of the job

I’m only mixing with people at work and my immediate family

2 Likes

My brother in law who is hospitalized is also a front line hospital worker. He got it and dismissed it as a regular flu. He did not social distance himself and likely spread it from the hospital out into the community. Now he wishes that he took it more seriously. Please practice care and self quarantine at the first signs of it. Right now the common symptom even in people with little to no symptoms is that they lose the sense of taste and smell.
-Bless

1 Like