Random GREAT advice

Sounds like fun. Who’s in?

Mine is: measure twice and cut once. Wise words from my dad that I’ve failed to follow more than once.

20 Likes

Sniff the milk before you drink it.

20 Likes

From a podcast talking about rest & recovery:
We need to be replenishing ourselves & recovering as we go, before we burn out, in the same way we rush to charge our phones when they hit 10%.

25 Likes

I like that one!

2 Likes

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Kinda goes back to the importance of rest.

14 Likes

Early to bed. Early to rise. Makes you healthy, wealthy, and wise.

15 Likes

Move towards what feels like a yes & feels like joy.
— Robin Arzon

9 Likes

“If you’re early, you’re on time. If you’re on time, you’re late”
:joy: :rofl:

18 Likes

My instant smart ass thought: never eat yellow snow.

Real advice: Accept responsibility for your actions with humility and the willingness to learn. Sometimes you are in the wrong. It happens. Accept, apologize (if necessary, and in the appropriate ways), try to learn from it, and allow yourself to move on. We are all human and we all make mistakes.

13 Likes

Still love that piece of military advice!

5 Likes

That took longer than I figured it would!

3 Likes

When cooking…taste what you are cooking at every stage…

Taste the ingredients, taste them when you put them together, taste them when they simmer…ect, ect ect

8 Likes

So true. If in doubt, taste again.

4 Likes

Store potatoes and onions separately from each other. And apples, unless you are trying to hurry up ripening other fruit like avocados.

6 Likes

“Take what you want, but eat what you take.”

What we were taught at the dinner table, that food wasn’t wasted. Gotta have leftovers! :yum:

11 Likes

Don’t eat the apple core BC when you do an apple tree will grow from your ears.

17 Likes

Even though I grew up in a desert, my uncles all felt the need to impart this wisdom whenever the opportunity presented itself. :laughing:

6 Likes

And watermelon seeds will grow in your belly.

9 Likes

When storing paint, put a layer of cling wrap over the leftover paint before putting the lid on. Helps the paint not dry out over time.

10 Likes

My Grandma used to tell me that eating bread crusts would put hair on my chest to encourage me to eat them. Oddly, it worked, I’m a woman. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::joy: A woman without a hairy chest who still eats her crusts.

11 Likes