Random update

72 days.

Life is good. Ive been able to mend a few relationships I had damaged in my addictions. Met some great people along the way and formed some amazing relationships! My job is going well… Finally got a weekend off. Hopefully starting today i will get some much needed time spent with my 3 daughters. Nails. Makeup. Baking cookies. Painting. So we are excited. :heart_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

So for the rest of the drama. at our restraining order hearing he starting throwing a fit for stuff so we scheduled a walk thru so he could take what was his. He didn’t show. So we rescheduled. I had a couple of pretty bad PTSD moments at work this week… frozen in panic and my anxiety sky rocketed. But i got through it. And I maintained sobriety. I have reached out for trauma therapy. So we will see how that goes.

My Father in law passed away 2 days ago it it is killing me that I cant reach out to the family or pay my respects. I actually had a pretty good relationship with him. But I know i can’t open that door…

So yeah thats my life right now.

20 Likes

Stay strong, you are doing great. Tgif!

1 Like
  1. Good job on 72 days, you did this for you and this is impressive.
  2. Clearly a mama who loves her babies, enjoy all those moments with them… they shape those memories.
  3. Sorry about your father in law :cry:.

Breath mama, anxiety is a overwhelming feeling.

I have found that my boys and I share a love of the same music (all kinds) and this song was his way of telling me how he was feeling when he was self harming. To this day I am grateful for what he was sharing and when I hear it I realize that we can all slip away into a song and hear what isn’t being spoken. Now I hear play this song when I am anxious… it settles me into remembering and being grateful for my now.

Thank you!

1 Like

Take care Kayla. Thank you for sharing. Just the courage to share here with people you trust - even though not directly with him - opens your heart to the world, to connection. Your father in law hears it.

Your ex. Let him throw his hissy fit. It’s emotional manipulation. I don’t want to spend more time on it than it merits. As the old expression goes: it’s not your circus, it’s not your monkeys (any more). You are free, and you are safe.

Wow baking! That sounds delish. What’s it gonna be? Cookies? Cake?

1 Like

Hey K, I like cookies too yano,

But it’s been a rollercoaster ride, time to put it in cruise control, and drive it to victory.

2 Likes

@MagicMama
I agree. Music is my lifeline. It always knows how to make me feel better lol. Thank you. We are gonna have a blast.

1 Like

@Matt you are so right. He doesn’t gwt anymore of me. Time or otherwise. And we are baking monster cookies and considering some brownies. :cookie::cookie::cookie:

1 Like

@Fury for sure. I’m ready to get off this ride lol

Idk if the girls are gonna be willing to share lol

1 Like

I’m sure I can sweet talk them into it, I’m good at that.

1 Like

You can try. :joy:

1 Like

Ok, you know I’ll win,

If there’s one thing I’m good at, it’s dealing with little girls, I helped raise one, and till this day she looks to me for advice when she can. She’s 15 now. F**k I’m old,

3 Likes

@Fury Bahaha. You are old…

Well like i said you can try lol :laughing:

2 Likes

@Matt I have made those giant cookie/cakes lol I’m not big in cake so i do those for birthdays so good!

1 Like

Haha, Still young enough to be spry I guess,

Oh my dear you know I’m a powerful negotiator

You haven’t won yet lol

1 Like

You say that…

Idk. They would prolly leave you like 1 cookie

And that’s winning

2 Likes