Re-living life (Getting my spark back again)

I have good and bad news
Its been a long time since Ive been here. Im sorry about that. What Im sorry about to is that I havent stay sober, I usually drink on the weekends but with a lot of moderation, I can say that I have started getting control in my life in that area. Im happy about that, I still have a long way to go but Im starting somewhere. This first whole of the year, (And July,August and partially September) were sad, emotionless and apathetic.

But that changes this time

The good news are, somehow that today, I am determined to take the lead in my life, my path, my actions, my happines is MINE. I will do whatever it takes to gain it back. I will not rely on someone else or something else, (I will talk when I get time to, I am a very busy person and that sometimes stresses me, to my therapist) I want to feel alive! I want to take the wheel, maybe I need more religious approach, maybe I need more emotional balance, I dont know! What I know right now is that I want to reavivate my spark, my fire that is burning inside of me, that keeps me going everday.

Thank you for taking your time, any ideas for feeling alive?

Ps: I have a 8-18 office job, and then I go to UNI from 19 to 22. It is overwhelming, but, you know, you gotta grind first.

9 Likes

Start small. Make it a point to make a stranger smile everyday.

I found that my happiness lies in not what I have, but what I can give.

10 Likes

I’m confused, this app is called Sober Time not Moderation Time?

4 Likes

Thank you! Im really trying to go out and have a good time without having to drink to have fun, anyways, moderation is good

3 Likes

I flagged the post as it encourages drinking on a sobriety forum. I’m sorry I didn’t get to it earlier.

Just in case you haven’t had a chance to read them. However, posts that glorify alcohol or encourage people to drink are against forum rules.

Thank you for deleting the post. That was the proper thing to do.

Continuing the discussion from Forum Rules and Guidelines:

I didn’t make the rules but I’m glad you understand. You can always talk to a mod if you have any further questions.

1 Like

I prefer anti-mod, but deputy sheriff works too. Perhaps you have a badge I can borrow?

2 Likes

Thank you for doing this, as it is not good for me to see posts encouraging drinking/moderation - my alco brain starts to think I can do it too and I feel the thoughts creeping back in that I KNOW are detrimental to me! @ThePower this is a sobriety forum.

3 Likes

@Abal have you considered online meetings? Might fit into your schedule better.

Intherooms.com

I have found the longer I stay sober the more productive I am in all areas of my life.

1 Like

Hmm indirect threat or language differences?

That’s good, because threatening another member is also against the rules. Would hate to see you get banned for something so silly.

3 Likes

Every day sober is a nice day! Thanks. You have a good one as well!

1 Like

You can have opinions, everyone does have that freedom, but I think it’s just about being conscious and cautious as to where you express them, because most ppl here on this forum have some serious and life-threatening issues with alcohol, and alcoholics are often looking for any excuse or reason to be able to drink again, so they come here for help with that, for help to be sober, to recover and to never drink again - in any shape or form, because it hurts them. Hope you can understand this.

5 Likes

Not everyone here believes we are powerless or that we have to focus on forever. There are many ways to get sober and work recovery. In the end, we are all individuals with our own path.

I think sometimes new people can be put off until they get more a feel of the community and what support is available here. Please don’t let some problematic interactions make you leave. I hope you will stick around.
There is a lot of support and information here to help in your journey.

You posts were flagged because they promoted moderation and this forum promotes abstinence. Simple as that. It is not necessarily 100% my belief, but as a moderator, I do have to follow the forum rules and guidelines.

I am also concerned that people are put off or feel harrassed and leave, that does not reflect well on the forum and also it does not help the people who so need support and community.

I hope you will continue with your sobriety and give the forum another chance.

6 Likes

No one here is forcing anyone to stop forever. People who come here are responsible to make their own choices, and that can include listening to all the opinions here or not. If the support or advice isn’t what someone needs, there are other places they can go in addition to here. Users can also mute threads they don’t find helpful to them. Take what you will, leave the rest.

If you get mistreated the mods can help you, just let them know. Flags are not acts of aggression, they are a signal to mods that a post may not be following the rules. If the flag is unfair, the mods can clear it and it won’t count against you. Otherwise it would pay to review the rules to see what you may be running afoul of, and adjust your behaviour accordingly.

I don’t think you need to leave, nor do I want you to, but we all need to follow the forum guidelines. No set of rules will make everyone happy, but we do our best. We all cooperate on this to keep this forum environment as good as it can be for everyone.

2 Likes

Because of the variety of personalities and communication styles, it’s easy to attribute malicious or harassing intent to behaviour when it may not actually be present. Especially before people have a chance to get to know each other, and especially when stress runs high in early sobriety. It’s not necessarily personal even if it seems like it.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but according to my own interpretation of events, it seemed like no one was interested in attacking you personally, just resisting your behaviour promoting moderation. I did see needless back-and-forth retorts from both sides though following that, when things could have just taken a rest.

Giving things a rest until tomorrow sounds like a good idea. Glad you’re not going to drink. Tomorrow can be a better day.

7 Likes

My post? Sorry :frowning:

Nope, I was talking to someone else. You are all good! I hope you have a sober kick ass day!

hey thank you! That is a very good idea. I spend most of the time with my computer, so it will help me a lot :slight_smile: :yellow_heart:

1 Like