Ready to feel good about myself

Been really feeling down and crappy today, so I’m listing my wins for the day.

The 2nd covid shot had me feeling gross,but I pushed through lunch and finished the work day strong.
Went to the grocery store, and remembered everything I needed.
I didn’t buy beer at that store.
I folded the laundry.
My 12 yo sat and had dinner with me and he actually liked it and had 2nds.

This is a good little list for me considering I didn’t want to get out of bed today. All in all I’m happy with the day.

2 Likes

That’s a great day! It’s full of being present, with your feet on the ground. That’s what it’s all about, because whether it’s an up day or a challenging day, you can always be present :innocent:

1 Like

I feel good about my self every day

1 Like

Honestly, I get so embarrassed about how many times I’ve had to say “I’m BAAACK!!!” Today is day 5, waking up sober on a Saturday is a nice feeling. Last night, I had a bunch of la Croix and chocolate cake, made wings in the air fryer. But I didn’t drink. I have a therapy appointment set for Wednesday,very proud of my follow through on that one. I’m asking for some solid coping techniques, and pairing it with Annie Grace’s 30 day course.

I’m feeling really good today, drowning myself in coffee with heavy cream, water, and episodes of Mom this morning. Nice turn to be up before my kids, I even had to send one back to bed. I’m keeping the rule of don’t bug mommy till the sun comes up. Lol.

Here’s to a long sober weekend!

images (2)

2 Likes

End of day 6, and I’m exhausted. I did a bunch of cleaning and made a huge dinner for the kids last night, complete with fresh bread. Today we did yard work and went to dinner with grandma and played at the park. My 5 year old and I played a bunch of games and built a fort…

Now, ice cream, tea, and movies. I’m toast and hopefully I’ll get some good sleep tonight.

1 Like

End of day 7 and it was a total success. House is clean, dishes are done, took kids to the trampoline park and back to their dad’s. Usually after I drop them off I’d come home and polish off a couple bottles of wine. Tonight I made the choice to go on a little nature hike at a local park, just an hour in the woods, and I feel so much lighter and not sad at all. I had a great week with my kids and I’m grateful I was sober for it. Forging ahead this week, focusing on my health and happiness, especially when I’m all alone.

1 Like

Day 8 in the books, it was a bit rough, but I’m home in my jams about to go to bed way early. Got up and worked out and felt really great about it. Then I had to go to work, my job is stressful and I’m working on an exit strategy, but I’m just hitting a wall with it. I’m also eating…A LOT…I feel gross, but ice cream is much better than wine and cigarettes right now. I’ll take the hit in the waistline for now.

I’m super excited about my first therapy appointment tomorrow. Hoping the extra support will give me the push I need to keep going.

Day 10 today! I’m full on exhausted today. I started therapy yesterday and it was truly awesome. I think this lady will be a great fit for me. My hour just flew by. I slept in today, like literally waited til the last minute to roll out of bed and get ready for work. Lucky for me, I can just toss on some scrubs and roll out. I did the bare minimum today, and I’m okay with that. I feel good, but cranky, tired and always hungry as well. Tonight I took my ex’s dogs for the weekend while he’s out of town; it’s already stressful, my dog is extremely vocal when he plays and my house is just very loud at the moment. I know they’ll settle down, but I’m hitting the herbal tea hard tonight. LOL, The plan is to wake up and get my workout in tomorrow and get through another Friday.
You look tired | image tagged in tired,so tired | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

2 Likes

Cool, I’m on day 10 too! :innocent::pray: Seeing a psychologist myself in a month first time, and really hope it helps open some of my closed doors too… :seedling:

Yay! Good for you, I hope it helps you!:heart:I have a buddy who urged me to go back. I had been before, but didn’t really mesh with the person I saw. My buddy said it’s okay to ship around and find the perfect fit. It was nice being able to talk to someone.

1 Like

It’s nice to see you back again, Andi.

Thanks!! I’ve got 17 days,the longest I’ve had in aa while! Got myself a therapist and a solid plan!

1 Like