Recovery book recommendations

Good :sunrise: morning! I started reading Staying Sober (Gorski) yesterday and I’m thirsty for more. Ive read the NA text, the Big Boo, and the green and gold, also The Infinite Recovery Handbook. What are some other staples you have found and would recommend to me with my almost 5 months? Thanks in advance. Have a superb, sober day
:hibiscus:

I learned a lot from
This Naked Mind by Annie Grace.

My husband and I are learning a lot from
Unsubscribe by Josh Korda. There is more to this one than sobriety, lots of great stuff on mental health.

2 Likes

My morning books for recovery 2023

4 Likes

I’m currently reading Sunshine Warm Sober but i think this is her second book and i need to read the first one. Allen Carr’s book is my go to book because its easy to dip into when i need some reminders and i’ve got some pages book marked😊

3 Likes

I read a lot over the years…compiled a bit of a list…

2 Likes

I finished her first book a few days ago. Such a good read! My first recovery book actually and it led me to this app and this community by extension. For those who want to know it’s the Unexpected Joys of Being Sober by Catherine Gray

2 Likes

I have read a lot of quit lit / sobriety memoirs / recovery books over the years (I shared a link above). I haven’t been reading as many recently, but I picked up this one for a retreat I am attending and it is full of inspiration and wisdom. I have about 1/4 left before finishing, but am finding so many pearls, I wanted to share…

Note: written by an American, middle class, white cis gendered woman…yet holds many truisms regarding sobriety and recovery. AA maxim of take what you want, leave the rest may apply. :slightly_smiling_face: