Recovery tattoos?

Anyone have any recovery related tattoos? Thinking of getting another one, maybe a saying or something. My half sleeve here represents freedom from addiction. The skull represents bankruptcy in all forms from addiction while the butterfly on top represents change and transformation. Not shown on the inside of my arm is a cross and banner which says family. And then I have the purple domestic ribbon on the back of my arm. Lots of meaning :slight_smile: this pic was when I first got it colored in so its abit swollen lol curious tho to see if anyone has something meaningful tattooed on themselves!

24 Likes

I’m planning a chest piece for my one year. Also been toying with the idea of getting “N.Q.T.D.” (never question the decision) somewhere.

Planned chest piece. Death’s-Head moth, with sober anniversary:

9 Likes

Love it!!! I think that’s an awesome tattoo to get. My next tattoo I’d like to get a chest piece also. Just not sure what yet lol

1 Like

I’ve wanted one forever, and I figured a year sober makes the perfect reason to get it. With this particular moth being directly associated with death, it made sense, since 7/23/19 was the day I decided I wanted to live.

So…one day at a time, I’m getting there. It’ll be here before I know it!

7 Likes

Love it. Beautiful!

6 Likes

This is my one year sober tattoo:
(Remouved because of privacy at 18-03-20)

The green tourmaline has a special meaning for me but that’s a personal one. The 3 tips (?) Behind represend my children. On this picture my tattoo was just put on, so not healed. The red on it is now gone so not ink! :grin:

16 Likes

Oh wow! Its gorgeous!!! Love your back piece :slight_smile: what a beautiful tattoo :heart:

1 Like

My goodness, that is amazing. Very well done.

1 Like

What an amazing piece!!! Love it!

1 Like

This is so beautiful!

1 Like

This is sooooooo rad!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the compliments Ally and @CapriciousCapricorn :pray:

1 Like

My cousin putted this one on in the hospital , sneakymode, so i wouldnt have to answer the nurses question everyday how warm my washingbowl/water should be :zipper_mouth_face::zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Got this while back.
Semicolon for obvious reasons
And a flower of life strain around my wrist.

7 Likes

I got this. I wanted a reminder I could always see. I wanted it to look drawn on and messy. Recovery can be messy. Sometimes you’re all over the place, sometimes it’s easier. But it’s always worth it. So even at my worst, I can look down and see in this messy tattoo that there is hope.

12 Likes

Absolutely love this and the meaning behind it :slight_smile:

Where’s the elder wand?

1 Like

8 Likes

A semicolon tattoo ,and I’m sure many of you know, is a tattoo of the semicolon punctuation mark (:wink: used as a message of affirmation and solidarity against suicide, depression, addiction, and other mental health issues. And i got it for all those reasons on my right hand on the top between my thumb and index finger. Mbut mostly though because, when i was using that’s the hand i used to light the lighter to smoke meth, and i also wrote letters to my kid’s with that hand when i thought about suicide in the past. But the significance of the tattoo And my feeling of my story isn’t over yet is now there in that spot to remind me how far ive come and the future is so much more brighter and promising for me. Im sober 4 months now and its for life!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forum @Renewed1. This is a great place for all of us to share our experiences and learn from each other. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

I’d love to see a picture of your tattoo. It doesn’t take long before you have access to upload pics after signing up but that’s only if you want to.

I look forward to following your journey. :hugs:

1 Like