Relapse after six years

Shame guilt no self worth angry disappointed today I am carrying all kinds of emotions. This time around I now realise what I need to do different and that’s never to forget where my addiction takes me and I always need to keep it real by saying it out loud and staying around fellow addicts. Feeling very low today

12 Likes

Sending you some love hugs and strength❤️

1 Like

Sending love and positive vibes. I am posting this video as it has helped me. Congratulations on your 6 years without alcohol. That must have done so much to help your body and mind. Good luck with getting back on track.

8 Likes

I hadn’t been sober 6 years but I was sober 186 days at one point. I threw it all away and now I can’t manage to stay sober 3 days together. I know its trying on my family, I know they’re worried about me. I’m feeling all of those emotions too. I just want this whirlwind to stop. I hope things get better for you. I think the main problem with me is that I’m not seeing any end to this. It’ll just keep going. God I hope it doesn’t.

Sorry to hear about your relapse. I hope you gain your strength back out of the emotions you have now. You can do it :+1:

2000 steps forward, 1 step back. This is a good reminder that no matter how long we’ve been sober, we’re only an arms length away from our next use.

Playing the tape and reminding myself exactly where Ill end up is my favorite tool to use, I have done extensive research and 1 drink leads me to the same abysmal spot.

Hope to see you around more, get into the middle of the herd.

8 Likes

Thank you for sharing.

@MoCatt you should check this video out. In regards to your last post, I really feel the WEIGHT of the # of days can get to us. I know this video is about relapsing but I think it can apply to a lot of different feelings with milestones as well.

4 Likes

Just start over … you had a “brake” … pickup where you left, do not put you down … you can do it … be strong

1 Like

There is no finish line to being clean and sober or any royalty for being sober the longest. What we make out of our life while using or not is what matters. As we all learn living a sober life we are reliable and more of a go getter. We cant fix tomorrow or yesterday. we can only do what we can to be better today. The number of days is just personal sentimental value…

7 Likes

You know where the path is. You spent 6 years on it, and then you wandered off. Get back on it and start your walk where you left off. No use beating yourself up, because you know how to put years together.

And then keep getting better at getting better each and every day, forever.

5 Likes

I don’t know if it’s because I’m in a terrible mood or what, but I’m not sure if you’re disagreeing with my post or you’re just adding to it. I was going to suggest to Mocatt in her other post about milestones that we focus less about the amount of days and get more in touch with today.
That’s what i was trying to say here.

1 Like

Also not trying to disregard the sentimental value attached to days accumulated. I just liked the video lol

1 Like

I liked it too - a lot.

And I’m right there with you in that terrible mood😣.

1 Like

Ugh it’s the worst!! I’m trying to be present but man I just want to zone out over tv and cookies lol

2 Likes

There is no finish line to being sober, I love that! Did you make that up or hear it somewhere?

Oh crap… destroying a bag of chips ahoy and zoning out on the tv isn’t present?

I got some work to do :joy::rofl:

There’s always ups and downs in life, I find when I don’t make something about me and my feelers, it’s not nearly as big a deal as it could be.

4 Likes

My own philosophys…

Just adding to it… Calm down woman! :wink:

Never tell an angry woman to calm down! Lol

2 Likes

I was calm :wink: