Relapse and angry at myself

Yes i was looking at the AA website they have zoom meetings i try to become member and to attend this meetings :blush:

1 Like

I also felt guilty when i have in to my urges.i was hanging out with some old friends .took me a couple of days to stop.it was almost two months ago.it makes me not want to hang wit tbem no more

2 Likes

@Danielasharkasy

We do zooms here, great people

1 Like

Yes me too i dont want to be around to people who drink i already cut frienfships off this time it was at a neighbours house i will never feel this way again the guilty feeling …the body symtoms from the hangover my body cant stand the alkohol … so lets go be strong we will make it​:blush::hugs:

1 Like

Do you think i join it from germany?

You can join from anywhere I believe we have Europa people join all the time.

1 Like

Great do you habe the name or link of the website to register myself?

I done 40 days and relapsed over Xmas thinking oh its just a few glasses of wine but then I went on a 3 day binge. I have never felt so much dread and guilt when I sobered up. But I have since used it as a massive tool.
I done it.
I didnt enjoy it.
I had to go through that first week once again (which I hated)
But its made me realise how much better I feel without alcohol. And that relapse actually gave me the biggest kick I needed. So I have now taken a positive from it also.

Relaps happens to the best of us. It is what you take from it that matters.

If you are angry. Use that anger to fight again.

You can do this :muscle:

3 Likes

Hang on I’ll find the thread,

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you so much🤗

Hang in there right here with you

2 Likes

Great advice @LisaB1!!! I relapsed and lost months, the determination to never feel that again is the power we should use to break free! Great share, thank you! :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

I was sober for 3 years when a friend said one glass of wine. Well that didn’t go so well. A little over 2 years being the wineo has now come to an end. I knew three days ago when I woke up I was done being done. I stopped looking at the hours that passed without a drink now I just focus on the day. Staying strong and sober. It’s easy to be abused when you’re loaded every day to cope with everything. when you sober up it’s empowering. You just don’t have the same outlook on things. You learn to start caring about yourself because no one else will. I made it through today and I m starting to feel better. It s going to be a long journey, I guess I m just getting to old to feel like crap another day. I pray at night and I pray in the morning for strength. I can’t relapse this time.

6 Likes

Good that you back on track its the truth wrong friends are not good for us specialy when they drink 3 years is great you will make it again i believe in you if you could make it 3 years you can make it again​:blush::kissing_heart: i am 46 years old my body cant handle alkohol i had 2 till 3 days hangover i dont want this disgusting feeling again

1 Like

Hi Rene! Well done on deciding enough is enough! I’m so glad that you’re here with us…:slight_smile: :pray:t2::two_hearts:

1 Like

the feelings of guilt and the shame are worst not knowing what i did yesterday feeling sick 2-3 days afterwards miss life no i don’t want that anymore and use it as a tool to stop drinking i drank once a week anyway am i an alcoholic because i drink until black out i want to get healthy for myself and my family we will all become and can make it this app here and all the great people are a wonderful help you made 40 days thats a huge sucess you make it again​:blush::hugs::kissing_heart:

Hey, live and learn. Progress is growing and learning. Now you’ll hopefully be better prepared next time. Don’t beat yourself up. Just break the cycle today and not drink. At least you recognize the mistake. You’ll be fine. Just stay strong and keep your mind occupied.

1 Like

Hi @Danielasharkasy. Sorry to hear you are going through this rough time. As other members have already said, don’t beat yourself up too much. It’s useful to a point but we can get carried away with it and end up punishing ourselves.
I’ll encourage you to reflect on your relapse when you’re feeling ready. You can figure out what triggers were there, how you were feeling, and what happened to make you want to drink. That way you can learn and be better prepared next time you’re in a challenging situation.
Whatever you choose to do, keep this in mind… You’re not defined by your mistakes. One mistake doesn’t make you a failure. One mistake doesn’t erase all of your efforts.
You did it before, and you can do it again.
Keep trying. It’s all we can do.
Sending strength and positive vibes your way

2 Likes

I understand your feelings, but look at this way - you can learn something from this and use it to your advantage. Now you know more about the nature of your addiction, what triggers you to want to drink, and future situations which you can now plan for, in case they arise again.

Your anger is understandable, but don’t weigh yourself down with so much guilt that it just gives you another excuse to relapse. Just keep at it, the sober time you had before and this relapse are not in vain as long as you learned something from it. <3

How are you feeling?