Relapse pattern

Another attempt to be sober after this bottle. I just keep killing myself over and over it’s…pathetic:/

1 Like

this thread has a lot of great information and suggestions that can help you break out of whatever pattern you’ve got goin. patterns and habits are tough to break but the payoff can be unimaginably wonderful if you’re willing to put the work in. glad you’re back here posting and hope you continue to do so.

6 Likes

Is it pathetic when someone has cancer? Or any other terminal disease?? No, it’s not. This is exactly the same.

We suffer from a terminal disease called alcoholism. It is many, many things. But not pathetic. So please try not to be so hard on yourself. There is help out there for those that seek it.

Meetings helped me. Never would have made it out alive without them. Try one out

4 Likes

The only milestone I can claim right now is 20th reset

2 Likes

But you’re not giving up. That’s the most important thing. Just take it one day at a time and leave the past in the past @Bears515054 Stay on here and reach out when you need help. Have you tried any meetings? They really have helped me.

1 Like

Thank you for this:)

It will most definitely get better.
The thing is that you seem to want to stop an relize its not good for you.
Besides stopping the drinking seperating yourself from some of the other routines that goes along wit your drinking can help.
The way i done it was to go to areas are get involved in activities where having alcohol or even drinking it will affect the activities.
I poured all liquor out an hot rid of all bottles.i didnt go to any liquor stores are hang around people who drinks.
It’s understandable if you have to be around people who drinks,but if you can help it.stay away from them.

2 Likes

Tried a meeting, couldn’t find one that fit me…but I have had :100: in the past, so I know what I need to do. And thank you.

2 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself,you can do this it just takes alot of courage and determination,find those things within yourself then your half way there,maybe reach out to your local drug and alcohol support service they have so much information and can point you to others like us that can help you.

1 Like

Bro I have the relapse syndrome as well, I look at all the shit I just dont want anymore and do it a day at a time. Kinda liking the trust from family, not missing work, and money iny pocket

1 Like