Relapse upset with myself

So yesterday I relapsed I’m so upset and angry with myself don’t know why I did it just feel so disappointed

6 Likes

Good! Be disappointed! And now it’s a new day! Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and carry on. NO ONE is perfect. We ALL trip. We ALL fall. It’s the getting back up and moving forward that counts.

4 Likes

What were you doing to enhance your sobriety? What can you change this time?

4 Likes

I was at a 21st birthday party and the temptation was just too much

1 Like

3 Likes

We’ve all been there Steph. Feel bad today. That’s perfectly fine and normal. Tomorrow, day 2, hold your head up high and march on.

3 Likes

I found it was “always something”. Until you fully commit to the mindset of “no matter what I won’t drink”, you will struggle. It actually gets much easier to resist, but no doubt it is very difficult at first. But…you CAN do it. Then you don’t have to feel disappointed in yourself about drinking!

5 Likes

For me i stayed away from any place were there would be drink wasnt strong enough in early sobriety had no defence but once i went to meetings and got on the program and got a sponsor i became aware of this illness and in time the craven was removed and i could function at such events safely wish you well

5 Likes

Thank you for all the kind words

1 Like

You did it because you have an addiction. :innocent: We all do. That’s how addictions work - they sneak in like a snake and convince you that “oh it’s ok - it’ll be good - just do it”. Then - we always regret it later. It’s not a logical thing; it’s an addiction. :innocent:

This probably means you need a new tool. Have you tried a group yet? That daily (or at least regular) connection makes a big difference for many people.

https://www.aa.org/find-aa

There’s other options here too, like SMART Recovery, or Dharma Recovery. (AA is one of the most common worldwide though, you’re never far from a meeting.)

Resources for our recovery

You can also find meetings online:

Online meeting resources

Take care, take it one day at a time (with an open mind), keep reaching out, and never give up. :innocent:

4 Likes

Hi how are you doing ? Thought id check in see if your okay :hugs:

1 Like

I’m doing good on day 6 now feeling alive again after feeling yucky for 3 days iv just got to stay strong x

2 Likes

Its really nice to hear your doing well and staying strong, 6 days thats brilliant your doing it, youve began your journey :+1: stick around for all the lovely support from us all im so glad your here with us, were not alone anymore we all have eachother, that gives us strength.
Very happy to hear your on day 6 .

2 Likes