Relapsed after 8 months sober

Drank alcohol again after 8 months sober. Didn’t fly off the handle or get wasted or anything like that just broke my streak and honestly feel like it was for nothing. It was a bad move. I’m starting over today and just wanted to declare my intentions.

44 Likes

Glad to see you back here and realizing the better plan is stay sober. Day 1 is tough but after 8 months I am sure you know what to do and what not to do. One day at a time.

8 Likes

Yeah bro I’m a little disappointed but I definitely know what to do and what not to do so it’s okay

4 Likes

Welcome back! From what I’ve learned, the relapse starts long before the actual action of picking up. Review your days prior to avoid another. What was your sobriety plan lacking and what tools can you add?

May I ask what intentions you’re declaring?

8 Likes

To stay sober.

3 Likes

Also yeah it was coming off of the back of a super stressful semester. Statistics kicked my butt and I passed with a B but failed to make deans list so I was down on myself a bit. So I think I have into grief a bit.

1 Like

Life’s gonna always do shit that we don’t like. Accepting that, finding a way to become comfortable in uncomfortable situations and doing the next right thing is the key.

Right now you’re doing the next right thing by being honest and restarting your sober path!

We go forth and kick ass, brother!

7 Likes

For sure man. I’m a bit disappointed that I’m starting over but I know I have what it takes to do it.

6 Likes

No doubt! Time wasn’t lost, just paused. We again march forward smartly.

5 Likes

So glad to see you back in the driving seat. You got this. :heartpulse:

4 Likes

All is not lost. Your relapse might reset your clock, but it doesn’t take away the sober time you’ve done. Get back on the horse, and find other ways of managing stress, disappointment etc. ODAAT :spiral_calendar:

5 Likes

Not starting over at all. You know the drill now and exactly what to do. Okay so you reset your clock but your previous goal is unchanged, namely sober living

4 Likes

Back on that horse learn from your mishaps maybe hold the reins a bit tighter . wish you well

2 Likes

Hey friend… great work on getting right back in track. Your 8 months is not lost. You have the tools and the routines. Keep connected and active in your recovery.
Day 1 and counting :muscle:t4::heart::people_hugging:

3 Likes

I have been struggling lately too in all kinds of directions so I feel you. Wheels are still on my bus but I keep looking at that sober time. One day at a time, what else can we do? Truth is I have been neglecting things I should do for my sobriety and your post really spoke to me. I need to keep coming back here. Keep the faith.

5 Likes

Here is a wonderful place to be. Sobriety remains on top of everything else. Along the journey we get to share and read other journeys the same or even very different from our own. We all have a common goal. Stay sober, love our families and be loved by others or at least tolerated. :star_struck:

2 Likes

Enlighten us. Why did you slip?

2 Likes

Just checking in…how are you doing? :people_hugging:

2 Likes

I guess we don’t start from 0 . Now you have more experience and you know better. Keep the faith and don’t give up! 8 months is a proof of something great

3 Likes

Yep I relapsed after years. I am an old timer back again. It’s never from 0, it’s facing where you left off and moving forward from there.

3 Likes