Relapsed after 8 years

8 year’s sober with this apps help, and now ive relapsed many time’s, its become a once a week thing,i hate it.
To tired to say more,but i had to say something.

34 Likes

Welcome back. I hope this app can be helpful to you again.

10 Likes

Welcome back Suzanne…

Wow what a fantastic sober record. Ok so you’ve fallen but you’re back here to pick yourself up. What was the trigger? How do you move forward ?

11 Likes

Glad you’re back here!

5 Likes

Welcome back. You know how much better life can be so lets get after it with a little help from friends here at TS :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Welcome back :people_hugging::sunflower:

3 Likes

Welcome back Suzanne
8 years is amazing friend - you have not lost that time or all the tools you gathered during that time.

I am grateful that this app helped with your sobriety - stick with us - I’m sure the app can help you again (we got your back here) – great work on making that first step!

Hope to see you are around :people_hugging: :heart:

7 Likes

Hey Suzanne @GearHeadgeisha, you’re not alone in this… I relapsed after 3 years, took me a while to get back here, but I made it, and you can too. Sending hugs :hugs::sparkles::raised_hands::sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

The devil wants us to neglect ourselves.

2 Likes

You did it once and you can do it again!
I relapsed after 5 years sober and managed to get back at 5 years again with the help of this app and the people in it.
You know what to do! And maybe this time you have to add some more.
Make a list of things that helped you to get sober 8 years ago and add some new ones to try.
Be open minded and determinated.
You can do it!

13 Likes

So much love in this place, never ceases to blow me away! I agree with everyone, your accomplishments and work and all that you gained is not lost! Lots of love your way and glad you’re here with us :heart:

8 Likes

8 years is awesome you got this to get back up again love and strength sent

5 Likes

Haven’t seen you in a while @GearHeadgeisha
How are you doing?

4 Likes

Hi,im just now replying so not great.
Ill be around, ive just used the app to check my sober days,and remind myself i can do it again.
I haven’t been ready to talk here,but im getting close,and im not giving up.
Goodnight.

17 Likes

I will remember this as a warning. Good luck and thank you for having that courage to come back.

5 Likes

Great to see you checking in Suzanne
We are here for support whenever you need. So grateful to hear that you are not giving up :pray:t4:

4 Likes

Oh yeah,you handle snakes,your going to get bit.

1 Like

29 days today,i smoked a lot of it,lent more money out,and when i fell on hard times,no one wanted to help me.
(Anyone reading this, do NOT give money to individuals,even family.
Give to charities, and churches,keep receipts amd get a tax break,dont be like me,go to therapy.)

The restraunt i was working at was toxic, and suddenly shut down,hard to get another job 6 loved ones died one after another just from last summer to fall,i had to give up my friends dog,who knew and loved me,and i lost it for a while.
I lost my car,but got a better job,closer to home.
I’ll be on this app more,im going to get back to saving, and paying my bills,me first,then ill help other’s.

7 Likes

Forgot to say i love and appreciate you all!
:black_heart::cloud_with_rain::black_heart::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::black_heart::cloud_with_rain::black_heart::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

4 Likes

Glad you came back Suzanne. I hope you stop the train and disembark. You know you can do it. You have muscle memory! Btw,a dear friend relapsed after 40 years and was able to come back. Lean on this community. Attend meetings. Do what you know how to do.

5 Likes