Relapsed again :( New here

So I figured I’d give this a go.
I just relapsed for the second time. First time I was clean 4 years :tada: And it was easy. This time not so much. Went to jail, came home & have been attending NA weekly and attempting to go to inpatient treatment for the last 5 months. I’ve been accepted into two rehabs so far but due to electronic bail monitoring conditions I cannot attend either. I’m trying but i need to try harder. I struggle with cutting off the people I use to associate with, and that’s where I fail. Tips to help distract from cravings, and how to manage keeping sober without treatment? My DOC was meth. Thanks

5 Likes

I’m confined to the house until January with the exception of attending one NA meeting weekly, and I’m trying to keep myself busy with new hobbies, soap & candle making etc but definitely struggling with being unable to attend more meetings. Im unsure about whether I would be allowed to see a counsellor- but I’ll look into it!

Hey there!!! Make yourself at home.

24 hour chip is the most important one of all. Just my opinion. Without struggle there is no success. Pin point the cause of your relapse this time so you can learn what not to do. Stay active meetings AA CA NA etc… Pick yourself up dust, yourself off & keep fighting!

1 Like

Congrats in making the decision to stop. That can be the hardest part in my opinion. Is there someone you can contact about being able to go to more meetings? You can also try podcasts and live online meetings. There are also counselors that can take to you live online if you can’t leave the house.

2 Likes

Ugh, it’s unfortunate you can’t attend rehab or more meetings but so it is. I would read. I read a number of books by and about people recovering during the first year I stopped drinking and it was really helpful for me. I also read a ton of fiction as it takes me out of my current situation and transports me to other places. I’m currently reading “A gentleman in Moscow” by Amor Towles which is really funny and wonderfully written but the reason I mention it to you now is that it is about a man who is sentenced to live out the rest of his life in a hotel. You might appreciate it given your current situation. The other habit I’ve picked up since becoming sober is listening to classical music on the radio. It’s very calming for me— much better than the brainless crap I used to watch on tv which was loud and jarring and stupid. Finally, I suggest writing. It’s the best method I’ve found for dealing with frustration. All that being said, when I first stopped drinking all I actually did was eat tons of sugar and watch brainless tv.

2 Likes

Welcome!! Here is a thread with some tips…

Advice for the Newcomer and Constant Relapser

1 Like

Wow, that is pretty restricting. Especially when you do clearly want the help.

Have you gotten the numbers for any trusted new friends from NA? Perhaps when needed you could give them a call. Maybe have them over to help work the steps once in a while. (Granted, I’m more familiar with AA…)

And hang out on here more! Helped me a ton. :blush:

3 Likes

Does NA have online meetings? I know AA does.
I also read alot about addiction and quiting.
Maybe listen to some podcast about NA and recovery?
You can do this

1 Like

NA does have online meetings. :+1::slightly_smiling_face: The is an NA app with meeting finder and it gives your a lousy of the days and times for and access to the online meetings. Have a look @Bellajay. :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks @Bellajay

2 Likes