Relapsed again!

Completely drained and dope sick from alcohol and cocaine binge, can’t leave my bed feeling very down :pensive:

I am sorry, Darrell. I hope you start feeling better soon, and that you will try again for sobriety. Don’t let yourself be defeated by this :purple_heart:

Woke up this morning for work 6:50am… Feeling of empending doom, anxiety, Worry, regret, same feelings everytime I take a binge of cocaine and alcohol… Lasting for 7-10 days after use… I only used for 6-7 hours of a night with others and its now taking the length above to recover from it… I’m back at AA & zoom and I’m researching all the Time for the answer and listening to others talk about there addictions… Struggle for work today… And past stuff in my head is predominately in my thoughts when feeling like this

PRAYING THIS IS THE LAST TIME !!

3 Likes

Work on yourself Darrell. It’s you who can change it. Memorize all this bad feelings, and use it not to feel loike this again. Start sharing yourself (more). If AA is a good fit for you, look for a sponsor and start on the 12 steps. Go there daily if possible. Or twice a day. Come here more and let us help you. You can’t do this alone. Nobody can.
IMO there is not one ANSWER, the answers lie within yourself and it takes work to find them, work on yourself, find yourself. You can do this Darrel. We and god can help but it’s you who has to do the real work. I wish you all success.

4 Likes

Thank you, I’m really at the ending point with it all… I’m sick of it! Soberity is the answer! And a 12 step way

1 Like

The fact that you are here and aware of the problem and actively seeking help like AA shows your on the right course …just keep pushing forward …it gets easier as times goes on and your body , spirit and mind start healing…I wish you best of luck …and yes the twelve step definetly the way :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

Thank you very much I appreciate the answer

1 Like

Day 7 after a coke after 1 nights (8-9 hour) binge…

Theres not even words to explain what I just went through the last week, I often heard it said in meetings the slips and relapses get worse and worse as you try to go back out, They are ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!! There is a very thin line between sanity and insanity and I was skating along it, Its absolutely scared the shit out of me! I’m not a dependant on both drugs daily but I definitely use for escape after a some time goes by… but in my case I’m.either dope sick depressed anxious brain fog or some type of withdrawal symptoms is effecting my daily living after a so called party binge!! So I’m no different to the daily sufferer of any addiction

I’m so ready to change !!

Cannot put myself through that torture again and that’s taking anything or coming off anything

Soberity for me is the way to peace!

Today I have woken and its the first day I’m not so bad and it’s starting to lay off and iv prayed and handed over constantly to god that he would give me the chance to try this again and send it my way!!

God bless you all xx

5 Likes

Hi @DarrellRecovery, I’m so glad that you have managed to get back to your recovery. I have lost three friends this last 7 months to addiction. Many don’t get to come back from relapses :pensive:. I’m so proud of you for deciding, NO MORE! I understand your struggle my friend but complete sobriety is the way forward. In the early days after my relapse I found writing down all of the feelings whilst drinking and after drinking, helped me a lot! I wrote a letter to myself in strong detail, explaining how I felt, how much I truly was drinking, the anxiety and the depression and I also wrote about what I wanted and why. I have only had to read that letter once in my 549 day journey and it killed any cravings dead ! I wish you all the best. Be kind to yourself and be gentle in yourself. One day at a time we can do this together :pray:t2::two_hearts:

Thank you all for your replies appreciated!!

1 Like