Relapsed and need encouragement

Hey everyone,

I have relapsed again and did some hurtful things not only to myself but family and girlfriend. I feel if i could get some encouraging words for other members it would help me do a daily check in and stay sober. I am back at day one and feel this was my rock bottom

13 Likes

Welcome back @ceejayboi

You get to pick what rock bottom is and when you get desperate enough to make that change. With time, hopefully family, gf will forgive

5 Likes

Hang in there and do the do things. Its hard to get back up, but not impossible. These moments can be a gift, even when they sure as shit dont feel like it.

I found it very helpful in the beginning to make my trigger list (any and all things thwt triggered me to want a drink, big or small) and then my tool kit list (things I can do instead, thinfs to avoid and what I can lean or do in those moments that were sure to come). Try to stay busy and i tried diving into a few hobbies. Surely, slowly one day became another. Im only 8 months into this round and I can tell you i dont even thibk of it anymore or crave.

Checking in here daily (or as close to daily as possible!) Is a major thing for me. Even if i just scroll through and write a little check in. You can do this, shit isnt easy at first but its not at all impssible. Hang in there. Xo.

5 Likes

I am going to do the daily check in as it helped in the past

6 Likes

Yeah, the checking in daily routine is a must for me. Being accountable to somebody besides myself has really been a huge factor in my recovery.

5 Likes

Jpin our daily check in thread Mel! That was a life savior for me when I came here after my last relapse. Sober since (5,5 years now).
Here you find it:

You can make this relapse your last one too.
We are here to support you :heavy_heart_exclamation:

4 Likes

From Matthew Perry RIP

While he prefers not to disclose how long he’s currently been sober, he does still count each day.
“It’s important, but if you lose your sobriety, it doesn’t mean you lose all that time and education,” he says.
“Your sober date changes, but that’s all that changes. You know everything you knew before, as long as you were able to fight your way back without dying, you learn a lot.”

I hope you see you around the forum
:pray:t2::heart:

5 Likes

Welcome back. :slight_smile:

Rock bottom is when you decide to stop digging.

I’ve had many moments where I thought this is it.
Until it wasn’t.

You have made the decision to stop digging.
Now I hope you’ll find your way back out of that hole.

It’s gonna take time and it’s not gonna be pleasant.
But It’ll be worth it.

I hope your having a good day considering the circumstances and I’d love to see your posts in the daily check in.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I spent many years lost in negative emotions and thoughts - feelings of worthlessness and suicidal ideologies. Now I realize I am human, I make mistakes and let it go and move on quickly. I pray a lot and ask God to help me not make the same mistakes. One thing that helped me was not holding others to an unattainable standard and forgiving them and treating myself with that same compassion.
“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”- Isaiah 41:10