Relapsed :( day 1 again

I was doing great for ages. I was at a festival and thought I could handle one drink. I was wrong and got very drunk and made a show of myself. Almost ruined my relationship. I have so much fear and anxiety today. But thankfully relationship is ok now but I need to sort myself out permanently. I’m such a easy going person. But with Alcohol I’m an idiot. New start. I can do this.

17 Likes

I found real happiness when I surrendered to sobriety. I’d been fighting against the idea for years, but when I accepted it as my reality and dedicated my actions to getting sober, I found peace of mind and I found that any concern with alcohol was lifted from my mind. I hope you find the same.

Here’s some ways folks here have gotten and stayed sober.

5 Likes

Thanks so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day1 is a good place to start.

I saw someone here post a page from this book, it was so inspiring I had to order it.
And I’m so glad I did as it has really shown me how to deal with my deep emotions and life situation. It has shown me that some ways I am dealing with it are the right way but also opened up alot more guidance for me to heal myself mentally. (Thank you to the person who posted a page of this book recently, it has helped me in more ways than I even know myself yet)
This page made me just think of you and
think of this paragraph as your addiction.
Also get to some meetings, keep reaching out here and try some meditation for healing, it really does work you have to keep going at it and your life will fall back into place.
It’s great your here on Day1, your saving your self, today is a good day to start.
:slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

Thank you so much for that. I will
Look into the book and a meeting

2 Likes

Best of luck to you too :slight_smile: we can do this :slight_smile: determined to do it

1 Like

Online AA zoom meeting code

24 hours day and night. You can join with you camera and audio off no one will know your there.
Get on it give it a few goes of listening in to others, its so powerfull for us.
Im glad your here and your taking this step to a better life you really do deserve :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you so much for that. I will join it to try it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just went to one of these meetings and found it very helpful. It was my first ever meeting, I will do them again. Thank you so much for recommending it to me.

6 Likes

Thank you for honesty

2 Likes

This is great Dan. I’ve seen from another post you are now on day 4? or are you now day 5?

1 Like

I’m on day 4. But in about an hour and half will be day 5 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Day one is the best time to reflect on where we want to be…it’s good you are looking on the areas you want/need to grow in. :seedling: :sunny:

1 Like

Nice!! In my experience things started to feel better after this. I hope this is the same for you.

1 Like

Glad meetings are helping. Support and people who get it is so important!

1 Like