Relapsed - starting over & sick of the infernal cycle

I have started mindfulness meditation at a Buddhist centre near me and yoga. Yesterday the yoga got me through my cravings! Not sleeping so well…I was up at 4:30, but I’m enjoying a nice coffee and am looking forward to another sober day!:pray::muscle::slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Made it through the day sober. I exercised quite a bit… I am out of shape and am afraid to gain weight but I guess that is better than drinking. I had stopped smoking cigarettes for 3 months but am smoking about 5 a day. I guess for now that is also better than being drunk by noon - I’ll tackle that addiction once I have more time away from the booze. One thing at a time… one minute at a time.

5 Likes

Glad you’re here, keep coming back to share your thoughts and stories :heart:

4 Likes

Ohhh I really feel like drinking. It’s do or die. I am trying to stay occupied but the cravings are intense. In the past, this is when I would drink again. So far so good for sobriety. I will go to bed early tonight :relaxed:.

4 Likes

I made it through day 3 which is a crucial day for me. I feel pretty good but am quite tired. Sleeping a lot, but it is better than drinking.

8 Likes

I went to bed super early several times in the first few months. Much less common now. It’s so much better on this side. Are you going to meeting or do you know other sober people?

3 Likes

I have a few good sober friends who encourage me a lot and go to meetings when I can. I have also strengthened my spiritual life and that helps me.

7 Likes

Keep on going, one day at a time. Heading to bed early is always nice, I’m an early to bed early rise person.

3 Likes

That’s great, Alice! Glad you have some people IRL to support you.

Absolutely just head to bed to get another notch on your sober bedpost. Are you doing any sober work via reading or meetings?

1 Like

I am doing an outside therapy with an addiction counselor as well as a psycho social worker to make sure I am staying on the right path :blush:

4 Likes

You can do it!

I just started reading your thread and im so proud of you for making it thru your day3 and finding sober support. Im so excited for you. What ever you do just say no to that first drink

2 Likes

You are right… avoir that first drink

One week today. I hope everything goes well :relaxed:

4 Likes

Congrats on one week! Thats the hardest week in my mind.

1 Like

I cant seem to keep wind in my sail…day 27 sober. Just not feeling good yet. I have moments. Depression is part of it for me. On a positive…i walked my dog jackson and am finishing up a book.

3 Likes

For me, it took more than just being sober to find relief and i got that with AA, the 12 steps, and dharma recovery.

Hang in there brother

2 Likes

Thank you.

I am totally depressed. I don’t have a dog but try to get walking everyday. Hand
Hang in there :wink:

1 Like

Hi. I’m on day 3. I’ve been thinking about a drink on and off all afternoon and evening. I have had covid since Saturday and have been rough so using that time to get a few days under my belt. Dont want to be seen out especially as I’m not at work due to covid. I’ve an aching jaw for keeping it clenched

2 Likes