Relapsed - starting over & sick of the infernal cycle

Yea same here. Back on day one. My cycle is even shorter now, it’s 1 day. I’m very disappointed in myself and I don’t know what to do anymore, I tried everyrhing.

Welcome, Dora! I’m glad you are trying TS! This community is invaluable to me, and a huge part of my recovery program.

What else have you tried? There are lots of great threads to help you put a plan in place. Don’t give up. Being in long term recovery has been the best thing to ever happen to me.

2 Likes

That anxiety in early days is hard, and COVID as well would make it that much more difficult. Glad you are checking in. This is a great community.

Yeah I hear you. I’m struggling immensely with this crazy addiction. For me, it hits me with strong cravings around 3 & 6pm. I literally walk around in circles praying to stay sober. Good luck with today. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Don’t quit… you are doing it! Focus on your dog and book. Stay strong :muscle:

1 Like

Really appreciate you reaching out to me alice. Its so needed today. Your sober friend mark

1 Like

Do you have any hobbies or exercises that you could plan in those times to divert your mind and reprogram that this time is for exercising or walking outside, or anything. Once your brain understands that this time is devoted to a new habit that is healthy it helps to diminish the cravings and thoughts around it.

3 Likes

Hi Mark…ohhhh today is a bad day. I have been craving since 11:00am and am struggling. I HATE drugs and alcohol. I want a clear spirit. But crap, it is hard.:grimacing:

3 Likes

I can totally understand this. I am on day four and I’m fighting the urge to drink right now. I keep trying to remember how I feel after every time I drink after saying I’m going to quit but I’m definitely struggling right now.

1 Like

Alice…hang in there. Walk. Shower eat read? Sleep…maybe listen to recording?these things have helped me

2 Likes

@rsvf @Alice13

I have those times and I find something to occupy my mind like going outside and messing with my dogs, building a fire in a fire pit, practicing a musical instrument (this really helps me get lost from the chaos) whittling on a piece of wood, listening to classical music…… anything that works and I don’t stop until something works…

And I call my sponsor and let him know how I feel and he talks to me and asked me questions to get me out of my own head.

2 Likes

I am the same with craving at that time of day. I am going to change my rountine when i get home from work, (usually 2.30) and see if that helps