Relapsed 🥺

Thanks for the words of encouragement means so much!:heart:

3 Likes

Anytime girl , we got this , we are all in this together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!!!:heart:

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help helped me stay sober for along long time wish you well

5 Likes

Take a picture of yourself with the black eye and keep it as a reminder for yourself. Make it the picture for the lock screen on your phone. Have the photo somewhere that you can’t help but see it. I put myself in dangerous and humiliating situations for far too long before I was able finally to admit to myself that drinking and what I did when I drank was degrading and that I needed to end it. Relapses don’t have to happen. Good luck.

11 Likes

What’s your plan? “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.” as the old saying goes.

Check these threads for ideas on how people here have gotten and stay sober.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the great ideas! I need all the help I can get! :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations with your 1 week again. Great that you are still here. I have relapsed so many time, but it’s important that you know why did the relapse happen so you can learn from it.
I read both books from William porter; alcohol explained… this gave me such a tremendous inside in my addiction and why I keep relapsing. Wish you all the best!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall :pray: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

You made it back here thats the good think, just take it easy keep moving forward 1day at a time.

2 Likes

Hey just wanted to say hi. Hope your doing well if you ever feel like you need to talk you can send me a message. I’ve been as low as you can be, I am on the right track now. Anyway my best :ok_hand: to you.

2 Likes

Hey girl, it’s never wrong to cut yourself some slack. Especially if it will help you see yourself in the mirror as strong and capable. That will help you more than anything so understand you are not alone and you have many more good qualities to see in yourself that bad ones.

3 Likes

Welcome Avery!

Now you know that “drinking more than you should” means one drink.

Say “no” to the drink that matters…the first drink. When you do, you win 100%, because without the first, there can’t be a second or third or eighth.

8 Likes

Hi Amanda,
We are human first and we have are good days and bad. You are here and willing to speak about it, that’s what matters. Keep coming and keep trying.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the support! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

You got this. I’m at 8 days today. It’s been helping me to think about the end result if I start drinking. That “one” is ever just one. Keep your head up. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Everyone fails sometime I failed on my 100 day marker as well but now I’m 92 days back in the game keep your head up

4 Likes

Keep it up. I’m on day 15 and it sucks but in thr long run it will be worth it.

1 Like

You’ve learned a valuable lesson, now it’s up to you to use it to be wiser, stronger and more determined than ever :muscle: you have the ability to be and stay sober, if you choose it. You are worthy of love, sobriety, happiness and joy :blush: please know this, and believe it for it is the truth. You deserve love and respect, but you must give it to yourself before you can receive it from others. Take things one day at a time and remember why you’re here and why you made a decision to stop drinking. It is because you care. It is because you know your life can be so much more. Time for a life changing opportunity now to take effect - a life without alcohol…wow! Imagine what it CAN and WILL become! If you make it so :heart: it’s take action though. It takes hardwork and conviction. You never have to relapse again.but you will need to do whatever it takes to live your best, sober life. It all starts now. Don’t drink today. Find something better to do! Something that you will feel proud of.
Wishing you all the best :blush:

1 Like

It’s learning how to deal with the distorted thinking. When you begin to tell yourself it’s OK or that you deserve a drink or that you really just want to feel the drunken high. It’s literally learning how to get through the urges. I love when I push through and then hours later or the next day and I am so happy with myself and pleased that I pushed through and said no.

1 Like