Relapsed đŸ„ș

I almost hit my one month mark but instead I drank more then I should have and blacked out. Woke up the next day with a black eye. Im so upset with myself every time I look in the mirror. Im now one week sober and I hope I do it right this time. :crossed_fingers:t2:

42 Likes

Good for you Amanda. One day at a time. Keep reading and checking in here - it’s helpful for many people :innocent:

These are some threads that have been helpful for me:

Resources for our recovery

Checking in daily to maintain focus #38

And this is one I haven’t used personally but I know for people struggling with alcohol it has been helpful:

Online meeting resources

You’re a good person and you deserve a safe life where you can be your full, grounded self.

8 Likes

Thank you so much❀

2 Likes

Everyone falls sometimes , it’s whether or not you choose to get back up that counts , and you did; one week is awesome , I am at 10 days so I know how hard it is , but you got this girl :heart::kissing_heart::muscle:

You will kill it this time !!!

9 Likes

Welcome to the community! I’m sorry to hear you relapsed. Stick around and read a bunch, that’s what helped me most in the early days (and still does).

7 Likes

Thanks for the words of encouragement means so much!:heart:

3 Likes

Anytime girl , we got this , we are all in this together :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you!!!:heart:

2 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help helped me stay sober for along long time wish you well

5 Likes

Take a picture of yourself with the black eye and keep it as a reminder for yourself. Make it the picture for the lock screen on your phone. Have the photo somewhere that you can’t help but see it. I put myself in dangerous and humiliating situations for far too long before I was able finally to admit to myself that drinking and what I did when I drank was degrading and that I needed to end it. Relapses don’t have to happen. Good luck.

11 Likes

What’s your plan? “If wishes were horses, beggars would ride.” as the old saying goes.

Check these threads for ideas on how people here have gotten and stay sober.

Blessings on your house :pray: as you begin your journey.

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the great ideas! I need all the help I can get! :blush:

2 Likes

Congratulations with your 1 week again. Great that you are still here. I have relapsed so many time, but it’s important that you know why did the relapse happen so you can learn from it.
I read both books from William porter; alcohol explained
 this gave me such a tremendous inside in my addiction and why I keep relapsing. Wish you all the best!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall :pray: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

You made it back here thats the good think, just take it easy keep moving forward 1day at a time.

2 Likes

Hey just wanted to say hi. Hope your doing well if you ever feel like you need to talk you can send me a message. I’ve been as low as you can be, I am on the right track now. Anyway my best :ok_hand: to you.

2 Likes

Hey girl, it’s never wrong to cut yourself some slack. Especially if it will help you see yourself in the mirror as strong and capable. That will help you more than anything so understand you are not alone and you have many more good qualities to see in yourself that bad ones.

3 Likes

Welcome Avery!

Now you know that “drinking more than you should” means one drink.

Say “no” to the drink that matters
the first drink. When you do, you win 100%, because without the first, there can’t be a second or third or eighth.

8 Likes

Hi Amanda,
We are human first and we have are good days and bad. You are here and willing to speak about it, that’s what matters. Keep coming and keep trying.

1 Like

Thanks for all of the support! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like