Replacement Drink?

Does anyone else have a non alcoholic “replacement” drink when they come home from a long day? I recently started incorporating smoothie shakes into my diet as soon as I got home rather than the old glass, erm, bottle of wine. It’s definitely helped. I have this weird psychological thing still where I feel the need to hold a glass in my hand as I unwind from the day. Curious if anyone else experiences this and if there are others doing the same.

And for the sake of sharing here’s my go to shake recipe if anyone is interested

2 cups of spinach
1 frozen banana (sliced)
1 scoop of protein powder (any flavor)
1/2 cup of unsweetend almond milk
1/2 cup of ice

9 Likes

Sparkling water! I still get the satisfaction of a fizz without all of the unfortunate side effects ha

15 Likes

I loooove sparkling water too! I recently discovered cherry pomegranate and blueberry lemonade :open_mouth:

5 Likes

I drink Topo Chico or Hibiscus Mint iced tea. Smoothies sound great though.

1 Like

Its nearing the end of day 3 for me but i found grape juice and sprite have the same taste of the sloe gin and dr.pepper. that or i just have tonic water with limes no alochol…the smoothies sound like something worth a try though!

6 Likes

Sparkling water!! I love it! Works wonders

5 Likes

Pellegrino! Oh so good

3 Likes

Sparkling water is delish. Also Wyler’s raspberry tea. Yum.

3 Likes

Sparkling water for me. I need that fizz! Sometimes I get fancy and drink lemon flavored pellegrino, and add mint and raspberries to it.

3 Likes

La croix. All the way. No sugar, just carbonated water and natural flavor. The lack of sweet makes it unlike sodas, and instead vaguely reminds my brain of beer. I’ll chug a few sips when I’m craving alcohol and it really helps the cravings to dissipate

3 Likes

Tea… a lot of it. Been reading a lot about teas and trying to explore magical world of teas. Water. Sparkling water. I think I am drinking something every few minutes. I never loved sodas or sugar + caffeine drinks… Also, due to anxiety and panic attacks I try to keep my daily caffeine intake as low as possible.

1 Like

Cranberry light in my old wine glass is my replacement when I feel the need for a wine. Definitely takes the edge off (obviously all in my mind lol) :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m combining sobriety with weight loss plan. I know it’s not for everyone, but besides water, I drink mini cans of diet soda. Diet Coke & Pepsi are pretty terrible tasting, so my favs are:

• Sprite Zero
  • Fresca
  • diet Cherry Dr Pepper
  • diet ginger ale (Seageam’s)
1 Like

All of that + fresh grated ginger, frozen blueberries (instead of ice), kale, a whole apple for some sweetness. :yum:

3 Likes

More water and herbal teas. I treated myself last night to some posh elderflower fizzy juice. It was nice but unusual :slight_smile:

1 Like

LaCroix and the occasional gingerale or sprite. I also drink a lot more regular water. I have a big Yeti I drink out of every night.

2 Likes

Ck?oo!fFfF!EeeeE!!eeeeeee!

I could do better…

This is my new “go to” . Smoothies as well

1 Like

I like LaCroix as well.

2 Likes

50/50 Pomegranate or tart cherry juice and water or club soda.

1 Like