Reset Again šŸ˜¢

Why is it so much harder this time! When I first did it I was so full of energy and positivity but I just canā€™t find it again. I just feel so ashamed and lonely and exhausted. I really want to do this so I am back ready to go again :blush:

9 Likes

It never gets easier to get back. It always gets harder. I have been up and down on the sobriety
seesaw for decades, so I have firsthand knowledge of that.

The good news is, if you make it happen this time, you donā€™t have to have ā€œharderā€ anymore. Things may still be hard but in such a different way.

8 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

3 Likes

Thanks for reaching out Iā€™m not feeling great at all today on the verge of being sick at work all day just glad I wasnā€™t. I just want this day over :frowning: I appreciate the message

Thanks for reaching out and sharing I really appreciate it. I donā€™t know how going to get through the week at the moment it is draining I just want to sleep but I have so much to do! Well done to you for joining I found it really useful first time round just felt so much easier for some reason x

1 Like

What were you doing to enhance your sobeiety?

The first time around do you mean? I was making sure I left jobs to the last minute evening time which needed to be done I wasnā€™t even going the shops I left my son to go so I couldnā€™t buy any I was regularly doing my exercise dvd and going to the gym. Then it seems like one thing happens n then another all in quick succession and I end up so overwhelmed and then end up drinking I need a way over rationalising and organising my thoughts Iā€™ve always had a very busy life and that wonā€™t change any time soon. Thanks for reaching out. I feel better than yesterday but still not great struggling to get out of bed at the moment !

1 Like

Donā€™t give up. It is always one step at a time. It is doable, but there is a change you need to make.

It sounds like you got sober for a while but didnā€™t recover. Staying in recovery is about digging into some of the things that actually enable your drinking / using. Changing activities and staying home works for the short term, but it doesnā€™t keep you in recovery.

Have you tried joining a sober program? Itā€™s a space where you learn the deeper growth that helps you stay in recovery. They have online ones that are available just about 24 hours a day, in addition to the in person ones.

Online meeting resources

3 Likes

Thanks for reaching out. I havenā€™t joined one yet I know I need to then my anxiety takes over and all the excuses in the world come out :frowning:

2 Likes

Also thanks for the resource very helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The nice thing about the online ones is you can leave your camera off and you can just listen. Itā€™s pretty chill :innocent:

2 Likes

Might be a good way to start thanks

3 Likes

Keep trying. Donā€™t give up.

try-try-again-try-once-more-try-differently-try-again-64461645

2 Likes

I had to stay sober to become happy. You can find the inner strength to do it again