Reset Again 😢

Why is it so much harder this time! When I first did it I was so full of energy and positivity but I just can’t find it again. I just feel so ashamed and lonely and exhausted. I really want to do this so I am back ready to go again :blush:

9 Likes

It never gets easier to get back. It always gets harder. I have been up and down on the sobriety
seesaw for decades, so I have firsthand knowledge of that.

The good news is, if you make it happen this time, you don’t have to have “harder” anymore. Things may still be hard but in such a different way.

8 Likes

Maybe try a meeting might help wish you well

3 Likes

Thanks for reaching out I’m not feeling great at all today on the verge of being sick at work all day just glad I wasn’t. I just want this day over :frowning: I appreciate the message

Thanks for reaching out and sharing I really appreciate it. I don’t know how going to get through the week at the moment it is draining I just want to sleep but I have so much to do! Well done to you for joining I found it really useful first time round just felt so much easier for some reason x

1 Like

What were you doing to enhance your sobeiety?

The first time around do you mean? I was making sure I left jobs to the last minute evening time which needed to be done I wasn’t even going the shops I left my son to go so I couldn’t buy any I was regularly doing my exercise dvd and going to the gym. Then it seems like one thing happens n then another all in quick succession and I end up so overwhelmed and then end up drinking I need a way over rationalising and organising my thoughts I’ve always had a very busy life and that won’t change any time soon. Thanks for reaching out. I feel better than yesterday but still not great struggling to get out of bed at the moment !

1 Like

Don’t give up. It is always one step at a time. It is doable, but there is a change you need to make.

It sounds like you got sober for a while but didn’t recover. Staying in recovery is about digging into some of the things that actually enable your drinking / using. Changing activities and staying home works for the short term, but it doesn’t keep you in recovery.

Have you tried joining a sober program? It’s a space where you learn the deeper growth that helps you stay in recovery. They have online ones that are available just about 24 hours a day, in addition to the in person ones.

Online meeting resources

3 Likes

Thanks for reaching out. I haven’t joined one yet I know I need to then my anxiety takes over and all the excuses in the world come out :frowning:

2 Likes

Also thanks for the resource very helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The nice thing about the online ones is you can leave your camera off and you can just listen. It’s pretty chill :innocent:

2 Likes

Might be a good way to start thanks

3 Likes

I was going in well for almost a month last July then relapsed. Recently, I hit the 1 week mark and the very next day fell back. After that I got back to reset my recovery and here I am. As long as you’re helping yourself along with those who are also helping you on your recovery journey, you won’t be alone in this. It is a hard road but it’s better with a company of people helping one another take accountability. The fact that you are able to reach out and be self-aware are already steps. These are big feats in of themselves too.

3 Likes

Keep trying. Don’t give up.

try-try-again-try-once-more-try-differently-try-again-64461645

2 Likes

I had to stay sober to become happy. You can find the inner strength to do it again