Resetted the clock again. 2nd day sober

I’m just disappointed with myslef. It feels like I’m unable to stay sober for more than 2 weeks. Don’t want to blame the hard time I’m going through. Everyone has their problems I should just deal with mine sober…not like this. Getting the esperal impant on the 4th of August- cannot see any other way if I have lost trust in myself. Hope it helps. Wish me luck this time :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Beside being part of the forum, have you looked into recovery groups?

3 Likes

I’ve been more focused on relapses since it’s the problem I’m struggling with. I’ll try to look into them as well I just need to start feeling like I’m actually recovering first:/

2 Likes

Recover groups are how you get out of the relapse cycle. They will give you tools to help you prevent relapses.

6 Likes

Good to see you back with us Justyna - you were missed.
Welcome to day 2! As others have stated - having a support group will help keep you from relapsing and keep you motivated to stay sober.
You are correct - we all have lifey shit that we deal with and that is why we make sure to create a support system so that we can re-train our minds on how to deal with life stuff without our DOC. None of us able to do this alone. Together we are stronger.

Glad you are trying again and hope to see you around - maybe try checking in daily. I also find the gratitude thread to be immensely helpful in my recovery.
Checking in daily to maintain focus #56Daily Gratitude, The Air Of Recovery #4
Hope to see you around!

4 Likes

Are you seeking outside support on a daily basis to help your sobriety?

2 Likes

@yoostyna courage!!! It’s fall has its own lesson and we can learn

1 Like

Just started a therapy for my depression. Been waiting for it a few months already. Hope it helps.

3 Likes

May be the wrong order here, but connection through community/meetings likely would help you stop the relapse cycle. Regardless, keep going. Don’t ever give up. You are worth of a great sober life.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen you in a while - how are you doing?

2 Likes

Thank you @JazzyS I’m doing great. I have been busy and didn’t know what to write but I’ve been visiting the page sometimes just to read. I’m on my 50th day sober. Just came back from a charter yacht where I got a job as a stewardess- very nice experience…got to meet very wealthy people. Im still excited from that trip but also very tired since I worked nearly 17h shifts every day for 8days​:face_exhaling::face_exhaling:
I think I have mentioned this before - I got that Esperal implant so this might have helped a lot to stop drinking. Had an occasion to it plenty of times as most of the crew on the boat drinks and there’s an access to very expensive alcohol. I’m happy I was strong enough to continue my sober journey. Sometimes I feel bad for people for whom I was pouring the alcohol…even when they have a good time. But thats their choice😊 For me its a poison.

5 Likes

So great to hear from you my friend. Doing so well - this makes my heart so happy!
Congrats on your 50 days of sobriety - you are absolutely crushing it. Love that you did find a job as well - i know you were looking for some time.

You had mentioned the Esperal implant before but i did not know what that was. Just did a quick google search now. Grateful that you do have a tool to help you with your addiction and keep you on the sobriety path.

Thank you for check in - always great to hear from you :pray: :heart:

2 Likes

Congrats on 50 days and being busy :sunflower:

1 Like

Thank for remembering me and for the message​:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you🥰

1 Like

I understand what you mean by that because I’m having the same issue only difference is I can’t stay sober for two days it’s sucks I really want to

1 Like

Hi Nikki, I’m sure you can- you need to believe it. I got the disulfiram implant but not everyone needs that tool to help themselves. I really keep my fingers crossed for you🤞 Just focus on what you want to achieve. Your health and well-being should be on the top of your goals.

1 Like

…im trying really hard to do this by myself without having to go to a treatment center but its got me second guessing myself about it and that hurts really bad because then i feel like i gave up or im a quitter but i wasn’t raised to be quitter. But its so hard to do this alone

2 Likes

u right it’s almost impossible to do this alone, that’s why this community and other support groups, meetings, therapists etc are so important when we are working on sobriety. i’m glad you’re connected to this community here because it’s been so helpful on my sober journey. we don’t have to do it alone :sparkling_heart:

@yoostyna and @Nikki89

how are you two doing?

1 Like