Restarting been drinking again

I know that this sounds stupid. I need advice that comes biblical form. Where can I seek reassurance??

3 Likes

@SoberGuyUSA yes sir. Please share. I’m working on faith as well as working on sobriety. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey, hang in there. What happened to make you pick back up?

Others here can help with what goes on in the sanctuary. Others of us can tell you how we found God in the basements and back rooms of churches.

Just know that there are people, in both of the places, who understand what you are going through and what you are feeling. We have been there. We made it through and will gladly reach a hand out to help you out if you want to help yourself.

5 Likes

Welcome! There are a solid group of Christians in recovery here. For still more fellowship, there’s also the group Celebrate Recovery out there. (Tagging in @KevinesKay who knows more.)

Ah, and this fine thread! Bible verses for Motivation and Knowledge.

2 Likes

To be completely honest. It was the wife. I have been working on it all week and she knows exactly where I’m at. I have been nose in the Bible and working on trying to be a better husband and father. At the point that she started telling me that I had tired this before and she didn’t think it would go no where and staying on me about it. I just lost it.

1 Like

I know that is a weak excuse.

2 Likes

The fact you’re here means you’re on your way. It can be a slow road. I’m still hitting bumps here and there but overall much improved… Not without many mistakes and needing to make big changes.

2 Likes

Have you looked into “Celebrate Recovery” yet?

1 Like

If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell. - Matthew 5:29-30

For me, this means that I may not be able to be around certain places, people, or things. And that I may need to place restrictions on my life because too much freedom will lead to me down the wrong path.

For someone struggling to be sober from alcohol, it may mean more than simply staying away from places that sell alcohol. For some, at least in the beginning, they had to take away their access to cash, turn over any debit or credit cards to a trusted friend until they demonstrated that they could spend wisely.

Whatever it takes. I have to prepare myself for those moments when I lose clarity. The term is known as radical amputation.

@DungeonMaster

Has a thread that you’ll want to look into.

Sunday Learning From The Scriptures:

1 Like