Restarting

Day 1 time to really try sat here banging head & wondering why ?? Why do we put ourselves through it ?? Time to stop binge drinking! Looking foward to a sober free life

8 Likes

So what’s your plan of action rainbow is it AA,NA or a bit of smart recovery or even refugee recovery, and this app of course. :slightly_smiling_face::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Just this app & the strength to do it ! Looking back to when i did 5months sober i felt amazing stopping really does help with depression and my anxiety! Im annoyed that i felt the need to start again just social peer pressure i wont let it win i will beat it

2 Likes

Well I hope that you can manage to do this however a relapse is often a sign that what we were doing wasn’t working, you weren’t addressing the reasons that you drank. The drinking is the symptom in most cases and we have to discover and treat the real issue behind the addiction unless none of that applies to you in which case good luck. I’m not trying to sound harsh btw .
It won’t do you any harm to do an online programme life smart though would it? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I made it 43 days with this app, support of my husband and prayer. But I went to my first AA meeting yesterday and it was life changing! I didn’t think I needed a meeting or a program. But the energy in that room with other people walking this path was unlike anything I’ve ever experienced here or anywhere else in my life. If you want sobriety, I really recommend finding something in addition to this app. Preferably something that gets you face to face with people. It’ll change your life for the better.

2 Likes

Thank you all i will take your advice on board and use this app for support

1 Like

This app was very helpful for me as well. Lots of good information to read. You may want to look at other resources as well…

Different Aspects of Recovery

Resources for our recovery

Try a meeting they work kept this old Scots guy sober up to today wish you well

I have been suggesting The Naked Mind a lot, lately. It is really helpful to me to understand that for the most part, alcohol is one big marketing manipulation. As a salesperson, I REALLY get that and it pisses me off and makes me sad.

Give it a look.