Returner and back at day 1

This evening will mark 5 days. I am very excited to slowly be getting control back. I started a gratitude general and every day i write how thankful i am for this group.

3 Likes

Goodluck! and remember, the challenge its just for today!

2 Likes

Same. I had 10 months. Sponsor made me reset after drinking NA beers. I drank last night, and the 2 nights before. Back at day 1 again. Not easy. Lots of guilt, shame and remorse. AA meetings for me again, it really is a great fellowship with much support.

4 Likes

I think your strength to come back each time you fall is already a big compliment
Dont be to hard on yourself, cause the guilt and remorse set u back easy.
Be proud for being u and be gratefull when u dont pick up.
Take it by the day, set yourself easy goals to gain strength to reach more. Dont look to much ahead.

1 Like

I made it to day 8, i feel so proud even though its a small goal achieved.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, i appreciate the advice and yes guilt is so hard, but i am defiantly progressing a little more each day.

1 Like

Keep your chin up, each day gets a little easier.

Hi pretty woman!
You did so good!
I recognize your story
I raised 2 kids on my own
They are now 19 and 22
Superkids
And i drank.
To cope
Wrong strategy.
Still doing it.
Even if know that its a wrong coping mechanism
Learn from my mistakes
You are still young!
X

2 Likes

Are u going to meetings?

1 Like

Thank you, it is always nice to know that you are not alone in your strugggles. I am working on gratitude to help remove the intense pressure i always feel. I am also working on removing unnecessary stressors from my plate. I heard a saying that said if you would die for your kids you should choice to live for them too. That is the moto i am trying my best to stick too. I do not want them to remember there childhood and remember me drunk each night. I have such along journey ahead though. Alcohol is literally everywhere.

1 Like

No im not, i work 2 jobs and go to school on campus full time. Plus my son is playhing youth football and my other is in a travel ball team. I barely have time to keep my head above water let alone a meeting. However i am very determined i have had a few cravings but not even the slightest urge to actually drink. The withdrawal the first few days really put things into perspective on just how bad my drinking was.

2 Likes

Wauw i think its amazing how u deal with your daily life and work so hard to keep everything in order ! Do u follow a program or is it just u gainin strength for sobriety ?
I got to be honest, im from holland and the system we have is we are able to fully focussing on our recovery
Jobs are protected and insurrences covers the financial responsibilitiesā€¦
If u choose for recovery in holland they allow u the time u need in meetingsā€¦
I got to be humble for the support we got, it seems u really have to run the extra mileā€¦
I am stunned how u cope with the situation, u got to be proud!

2 Likes

Iā€™m in the same boat, been awful every day for the last 9 months just because I had one glass of wine last Xmas after 18 months dry. my Xmas lasted until 3 days ago. I think mentally Iā€™m in the right place to do it again, itā€™s a lot easier for me to give up when your liver starts aching. Good luck and see you at the finish line, Iā€™ll be waiting

2 Likes

I was doing the same thing. At 12:30pm itā€™ll be the first 24hours. Itā€™s the night when you feel like you can turn off. :wink:Letā€™s hope not to turn to food instead lol. I used to be a huge pot head, coke addict and meth. 18 years sober from drugs because there is a bottom to hit and hit hard. Keep in strength of mind. Itā€™s not easy at time but keep with it. Iā€™ll be getting a small tattoo after my first three months sober to remind myself. I was also 250 pounds after pregnancy and a long crumbling of my exā€™s and I relationship. For me itā€™s just up and do it. Yes itā€™s going to be hard but this is worth it.

1 Like

Wow Holland so progressive and amazing. Here in the good ol usa addiction is shamed. And in California where i live the cost of living is beyond ridiculous. A break from work would be financially hard. Thank you for your kimd words. Often in life our strength are often gone unnoticed. I truly appreciate the acknowledgment. It reminds me that i am doing my best. I am not following a program. Im just tired of being tired, hung over, and dependent on alcohol. I really want to gain control of my body and mind back. That has been my motivation. I made it to 10 days todsy and i canā€™t wait to keep going.

2 Likes

Hey love you sound like you have your mind made up. Yes sobriety is very hard but all your years in recovery prove just how strong you and your will power are. Keep it going and definitely check back in with me each milestone you make. Id love to be cheerleader in your sucess!

Thank you our experiences sound so similar my relapse started on a holiday with a glass of wine as well. It turned into after the weeknd ill quit, then oh just one more day ive been sober before i can quit again when im ready. Well i was never ready and night after night i drank myself to sleep. I know the liver ache too, i experienced the pain and in my sick mind i thought oh switch your drink try a beer, try a mixed drink. Then lately my hungover turned into werid headaches. One of my last straw was sitting in a cognitive psychology class. My teacher showed the picture of the effect of alcohol on your brian and explained how it messes with your neural respectors and eveything else. and how alcohol can cause Korsakoff syndrome. That was when i knew i was done.

1 Like

12 days sober and starting to feel better

6 Likes

Glad youā€™re back! Hangovers suck the life out of us. Check out an AA meeting. The support helps so much!

1 Like

Yes they do, its crazy how i could even live like that. Sure wasnā€™t really even living.

1 Like