Rock bottom yet still drinking. Please HELP!

Im not sure if trigger warnings are needed, but i’ll put one here anayway.

Last week i took 4 overdoses in the space of a week. Running from hospital, hiding from police, having my front door kicked in by police and mental health professionals.
One ended me in resus close to death. I cant help but be disappointed i was found.
Ive lost my children, my partner left me, and theres a good chance i’ll lose my house.
Why is it i still cant stop drinking? My life is worse than ever before, and i feel so alone.

8 Likes

Hey Tasha, not all is lost and you’re still reaching out for answers and help. I couldn’t stop either, tried every way I could imagine but just couldn’t. Was near to losing it all and finally said I’ll do anything to stop feeling this way.
Went to extended stay rehab followed by getting deep in AA and working a program, every day.
Maybe it’ll work for you, too. Can’t hurt to try?

6 Likes

I’m so sorry you’re having such a hard time. Sending hugs

2 Likes

Just keep going :heart:
Take it day by day you got this Tasha
Sending all the love your way

3 Likes

I really dont think i do.
But thank you.

1 Like

Getting into free rehab here can take up to a year.
I dont know if i’ll make it.
I feel so selfish, but i just cant stop.

1 Like

Are you in the US?

If you cant make it one day at a time, make it one minute at a time. And if that’s too hard, take it one moment at a time. We are all here and we’re rooting for you!

1 Like

No im in England.

Tasha, I’m sorry to hear things are so bad for you right now. I think a lot of us have been in a place when we realized that alcohol took over, and we could not simply stop. I know I did. It was scary, I became aware that if I didn’t stop it would slowly but surely kill me, and still the compulsion to drink wouldn’t stop.

I found that doing it alone is close to impossible. Do you have anyone who can support you in your early days of sobriety at least? I would strongly suggest you find an AA meeting close to you and join them today.

4 Likes

Crud Tasha. Well, you could see a Doc, do an outpatient detox and hit every AA meeting in town, get a sponor, work the steps and live every day forward like your life depends on it. As mine & yours basically do.
Its saved many from jail and/or death.

7 Likes

3 Likes

The UK has plenty of AA and NA meetings.
Go today and as suggested above, try to hit as many as possible.

Good luck !

Most of us will answer that question by admitting we’re addicts :wink:
But if we can get clean, so can you.

6 Likes

In my experience, it’s because your desire to live sober isn’t greater than your desire to escape your reality.

I had my kids taken by child services and placed in foster care. I was rudely interrupted by police at home and forced to go to a mental health and detox clinic. I would get into vicious physical, mental and verbal fights with my wife.

Then I admitted I couldn’t do it my damn way, my way got me where I was. I admitted I needed help from others, I found meetings, I went to IOP classes, I found a therapist. I struggled to find time between work, meetings, IOP, kid visits, therapy for myself and with my wife but I found the time cause I wanted to be sober more than I wanted to be the hot sack of garbage I was when I was in my cups.

Find some meetings, those places and people have resources and information on how to get and maintain sobriety.

I’ve been sober for 4 years 7+ months now, if I can get sober, you can too.

11 Likes

Maybe start here, Tasha…

Don’t give up, :hugs:

5 Likes

Its a slow process as i also have complex mental health.
Trying to find somewhere is a long process.
AA didnt work for me.

1 Like

Many of us do. We didn’t become addicts just for the fun of it.

Try NA. Or Recovery Dharma. Or SMART recovery.
There are many ways leading to sobriety.

There’s only one that doesn’t seem to work :

:wink:

6 Likes

Feel for you, stay on here you are not alone, you are still here and trying lots of love sent

1 Like

Are you sober so far today?

Maybe go to your doctor he or she might refer you to someone who can help youl get good suggestions here but you have to get professional help i think wish you well

1 Like