Round 26493628472.5?

How many times is enough? How many floors under the “rock bottom”? What do you have to lose in order to quit? I think the answer is All the times, there is no bottom floor, everything, nothing, everyone and no one. Countless times blacked out, jailed, alone, and suicidal. What I have learned is you are not ready until you’re ready. Enough is not enough. Sitting in the dark is the same as sitting in blaring light. You cannot change for anyone else. No matter how many rehabs, AA meetings, or attempts to fill the void of alcohol with sex, Rx, therapy, exercise, dieting, religion, work, whatever. You are done when you are done. You are ready when you are ready.

6 Likes

Love that. It never was and it never will be.

3 Likes

You cannot change how your brain reacts to substances while using, what you can change is your control over that substance and not allow it to dictate who you are because that isn’t who you are. It’s a disease that can be worked on but only through willpower, strength and determination, eventually there is different levels of rock bottom and others have hit it harder then some, and many are not here to tell their stories. Don’t be one of those people that gives up, keep trying harder

6 Likes

I knew I was done when I got so sick and tired of being sick and tired. I had to change everything about my life including making sobriety my top priority. Going to detox, IOP, continuous meetings and this forum have gotten me over 600 days. It’s been working so I’m not changing a thing in fear I may become complacent.

4 Likes

I just finished my 12 hr night shift. Came home n was greeted by my dogs and kids. Took a shower. Watching a show with my 5 year old. Reheated nachos for breakfast lol. Most importantly…I did not stop to get a drink on my way home.

6 Likes

How are things now Tamara?

1 Like

Pretty good

1 Like

Working tonight? How do you feel?

Yep! Working all night. Helped save a life, but wont likely survive. Suicide attempt.

1 Like

:grimacing: That’s hard to see. Do you work in an ER or something?

Not working

1 Like

Ok. Chance to rest :slightly_smiling_face:

I work in trauma surgery

1 Like

That’s a high-intensity job. Must be stressful at times :grimacing:

1 Like

Its what I thrive in

1 Like

Me too. I found that stressful and/or unpredictable jobs were part of my (unconscious) self-treatment for my ADHD. The job stimulates adrenaline, which is one of my missing neurotransmitters.

I guess thats a theory. I have many mental diagnosies. I take meds and and stable.

1 Like

Mental health and wellness is part of overall well-being - and it’s essential to maintaining health (including sobriety).

For me I find if I don’t give myself some time to be alone, or take some walks; and if I don’t take time to meditate or reflect daily (I do prayers, but it can also be walking mindfully, attentively; I do that sometimes too) - if I don’t incorporate that into my routine I get in trouble.

I take medications as prescribed by my doctor, to help with my ADHD; I also go to counselling (that has more to do with my addiction recovery, although we often discuss my ADHD - my mental state, and how I engage in life because of it, relates strongly to my sobriety). I find this is helping me become more well-rounded, and to have a better relationship with myself (and therefore better relationships with others, including family and friends).

How are you doing in managing it, for yourself? (If you don’t mind my asking) How are you doing?

Never mind I just saw your other post from earlier today:

I’ll reply there :innocent: