Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

Just walking today.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Hit up our local clay trail yesterday for 7 mi with my team

I have two trail runs coming up - 8 mi and 10k. Looking at a half in GA this fall. Then I might take on a 6 hr if I’m feeling bold :crazy_face::face_with_peeking_eye:

6 Likes

The way you just described yourself makes me want to be besties :rofl:

I love running in the PNW!

2 Likes

17 marathons, 150’odd Parkruns , various ultra’s incl Comrades in South Africa :south_africa: a couple of times and Two Oceans.
I feel blessed and fortunate that running is part of who I and keeps me on the straight and narrow.
My first 100km coming up later this year too.
Wish me luck… !!

5 Likes

Thats awesome! Good luck!!

1 Like

I’ve been running (5 & 10k) and doing triathlon (sprint & Olympic) since 2009. Developed a repetitive motion injury, inflamed metatarsal so last year I went into intensive PT and took a hiatus from September to December. I signed up for a monthly 5k series for January to March. It’s slow and steady recovery and there’s no guarantee I’ll be able to resume my tri training schedule.

My higher power told me one evening that everything is gonna be alright. And I still believe that and live that way today.

8 Likes

I guess I’m a runner, since I run? It’s kind of off-season now, I’m not the kind of runner that’s willing to face the cold, snow and ice we’ve got going on up here in MN, though it will be time to start getting ready again soon here on the treadmill so I can hit the ground running in the spring (pun absolutely intended). I’ve signed up for a couple smaller local running group again, and I signed up for some races later in the year. All 10ks, I’ve done one half marathon during sobriety 1.0 but I am slow at running and it takes a lot of time to practice at those distances. Maybe I’ll try again this year though, since I want to try the tough mudder again, focusing on increasing my upper body strength to knock out some of the obstacles I failed at last time. Those are like 8 miles so what’s a couple more, right?

4 Likes

7 Likes

I’ve just started running as a way to get active and help myself cope with dealing with sobriety. We started running last year but now I’m buying shoes and planning 10ks and a half marathon.

4 Likes

Just a little walking today

5 Likes

Hi everyone. I’m a runner. I’ve been running for 8 months and I’ve done two 5k’s. My Peloton app taught me how to run. I have 5 days sober. I’m really excited to see if my running improves while sober. Any Peloton fans out there?

5 Likes

4 Likes

Got an easy paced 5k this morning before work.

3 Likes

I don’t use peloton but I’ve heard they are pretty great. Congratulations on your sober days :blush:

2 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice!! I can’t wait till my next day off and I have time for a long run

3 Likes

Tomorrow i begin the C25K program. Im doing this 8 week program that i saw online. I hope i can get back to running. Over a decade ago i could run for over an hour steadily with ease and now 1 min is tough :laughing: i really want to run 5km. Thats my first goal. Any tips or pieces of advice from u all that would help me meet my goal, would be greatly appreciated.

5 Likes

I used the couch to 5k program but after so many runs it wants you to pay for it so I moved to the Nike app that has guided runs and training programs for free. I used that for a bit and then moved to runkeeper. I just recently joined strava but I think my favorite of all the apps is runkeeper. They have tons of guided runs for free and some other in “training” programs that are paid.

My advice is don’t compare your current running self to your past running self. Take it slow and steady and you will get to where you want to be.
Im just now to the mindset that it’s OK to walk. I’ve decided to force myself to walk sometimes to get used to a slower pace. I will beat myself up if my pace is slow even though any pace is faster than the couch :wink:

3 Likes