Runners in 2023 - 5K/10K/13.1/26.2/Ultra

Thank u SO much for ur help! I had no idea about these apps. I will get the free ones out.

This right here is so important and i didnt realize that until u said that. I am absolutely expecting myself to get back to that and i expect to get there sooner than later lol but thats not the reality of things. My body has changed dramatically including weighing more than i used to weigh while running back then. So ur advice on taking it slow is very useful. Uv always been an inspiration to me when it comes to running. I see ur posts and it really motivates me to get to where u are. Altho im sure uv had tons more practice than i ever had with running. U just seem to be a pro at it :slight_smile: im glad ur finding some balance that works for u too. U must have to fight the urge to run when ur walking. I can only imagine how difficult that would actually be when ur so used to running.

3 Likes

You got me blushing :relaxed: thank you for all the kind words. I’ve only been running for about 6 years and the first two I was still a cigarette smoker so I had an avg mile of 16-17 minutes. I walked all the time back then and I think that is one of the things that makes it so hard for me to walk now. Once I get my jeep back from the shop I’ll be able to take the dogs walking again. They keep me at a reasonable pace. We do walking with a few sprints thrown in.

I look forward to your running journey!

2 Likes

So glad u quit smoking! I bet its made a huge difference to ur workouts! And thank u again for ur advice! I appreciate it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I wanted to do a long run today but I needed to get some intervals done. One of my goals is to get faster this year. So here’s to that :partying_face: (not sure why it didn’t break my intervals down) This was the endurance push run on runkeeper.

5 Likes

Finished my first day of the C25k program. Did 20 min, alternating 1 min of running then 1.5 min of walking. Feeling pretty impressed with myself. Baby steps :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Short and quick today. The goal was negatives but didn’t quite get them :unamused:

4 Likes

Quick one before day two of the trade show I’m at. I used to go out and party every night at this show and be terribly hungover… now I go to bed early, wake up early to work out, and enjoy my day! :star_struck:

2 Likes

First run with my Garmin watch. It was so cold to start I had a hard time getting into the mindset but my long run/walk got done

5 Likes

4 Likes

Ran 7 in the state park today :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

3 Likes

Some negatives this morning, in 25 degree weather :cold_face:

3 Likes

Hit my goal for the month with a little extra

2 Likes

Just signed up for a 10k race in April! I’m not a die hard runner, I just like the energy and challenge of races. Need some snow to melt before I can train outside but I keep busy on the bike trainer and Nordic skiing.

5 Likes

I’m always trying for the negatives but some days they just don’t happen. The run felt good and That’s what matters to me :blush:

4 Likes

8 mi Trail race that went a little long… ironically I’m 8.5 months sober :cowboy_hat_face:

6 Likes

A good amount of walk breaks in here and a pee break in mile 7.

@fl_flower_grl love the scenery. Happy 8.5 months!!

5 Likes

All the steps count when it’s 22F :cold_face: My only goal was just to go so I’m content with the relatively consistent pace

1 Like

Used to be AVID runner. 7-10 miles/day for 10 years. . Just now working my way back after recovering from broken neck. Up to 2 miles a day on treadmill. Itching to get back outside. Used to run in the Santa Cruz CA mountains….GLORIOUS! I just turned 70yrs old. My goal is to run 7.1 miles when I turn 71….

4 Likes

That’s so inspiring. I hope to still be running when I’m 70!

2 Likes